06. ACROSS THE DEVIL!

............................................
Blair when she was 11.
..........................................

- School just ended for today and I began to put my books in my locker and saw Amy smiling as she talks with some of the other girls.

She's the popular girl in our school so obviously everyone would like to have her as her friend. Me too.

It's the last two weeks of this semester as for winter holidays, good thing my birthday is in 17th which means on Saturday and I have to celebrate it home.

When we started our sixth grade many new kids came in our class, we got separated from the ones we had in fifth grade. Our principal wanted so.

According to him, we should make new friends and associate with more people not just the ones we knew since first grade.

According to us, our class was a little bit nosy and troublemakers so thats why they separated most of us and put us to different classes.

I had a friend named Jules, she had red curly hair, her eyes were upturned-shape and light blue. She had freckles around her nose and her cheeks with American-doll teeth and small lips. Her accent was Aussie. I loved each time she greeted me the "Howdy neighbor" talk.

But now that we changed classes she doesn't talk to me as much as she did before. I don't know why, maybe she's just busy with homeworks since she is much of a school nerd or perhaps she doesn't want to be friends with me no more.

Either way she hasn't talked to me since the beginning of sixth grade. Well we did greet each other with "hi" "bye", stuff like that but nothing more.

I noticed her talking to the popular kids, one of them is Amy. Interesting.

Amy is my neighbor as well, our houses are literally across each other and our mothers are friends but Amy never talks to me. It's like she doesn't like me for some reasons I don't know.

"Hey there, eagle girl."

I flinch and turn to see one of the most popular boy in our school. He's in eighth grade.

I turn to see who is he talking to as I point to myself in a "you talking to me" way.

"Duh? Are there any Albanian kids in this school that I don't know of? Who else would I be calling "eagle girl"?" He shakes his head in disbelief and grins a little.

His name is Connor Raven, he's tall for his age. His hair is short brown and curly, his eyes are honey brown that match his hair along with his smooth brown-tanned skin.

"Well, I don't know. I've heard that apparently eagles have been selected as the emblem of the nation due to it's fierce beauty and independence which this bird symbolizes the strength and freedom of America." I say while looking at him and his eye-twitched in annoyance that I talked this much.

I'm not a nerd but sometimes I can be.

"Okay that's for the bald eagle FYI, what I meant is that eagles are considered to symbolize Albanian nation you silly. There is literally an eagle with two heads in your hometown flag." He says as his tone sounds slightly irritated. "What the fuck are we talking about?"