14. APTITUTE TEST!

.....................................................
Two months before Shatter Me.
.......................................................

- He stops the car and gets out of it. "Angel? Didn't you hear me?"

He walks around to come near me and I'm too frustrated to be nice right now. I just got fired from my job! I loved that job even as an introvert who had to deal with humans everyday, I loved working at Wonderfoods.

One; I got payed good enough to buy myself books.

Two; It was nice interacting with humans although it was something I hated.

And three; I could be away from my house for some hours, away from my parents.

And now it's gone. Given to someone I'm so jealous off. I shouldn't be jealous though but I can't control the way I feel. I'm a human for God's sake.

He gets in front of me and sighs irritated as his eyes go to the store. "Did someone bother you?"

I shake my head. "No, no one bothered me."

"So why are you upset?" He takes my left hand and caresses it with his in a soothing way that it takes all my frustration and jealousy away like magic.

He is a man who loves physical touch, that I understood three years ago when he kept playing with my hair while me, him, Amy and Eric were watching a movie.

I used to think he liked me but no, he just liked physical touch. And also now I know I was wrong because three years ago he was dating Noor.

Focus Blair.

"I got fired." I say removing my hand away from his only to see his mouth curl into a small frown but he washes it away.

"Why? Is it because someone complained? Or because of something else?" He asks me and waits for me to answer him.

I sigh. "Maybe I did something wrong? That didn't cross your mind?" I roll my eyes but try to sound as unbothered as possible.

I hear a small chuckle coming from him. "No. It didn't cross my mind because I know you." He brushes a piece of  my curtain bangs away to see my eyes. "You wouldn't do anything wrong, you are perfect."

"Maybe you don't know me well enough, didn't you think of that?" I raise an eyebrow as I cross my arms.

"Okay, what the hell did I do?" His question takes me back. I shake my head trying to sound confused. "Whenever you give me that look, it's either someone pissed you off and you take that anger on me or you just like to argue with me."

"No that's not true, I just-"

He leans closer and stares at my eyes with hurt in his. "I'm not a stress toy dear. I could be a listener instead you know? It really hurts me to see you like this but it also hurts me when you throw your tantrum at me. It hurts."

I sigh as my face saddened. I'm such an idiot. I'm behaving like my mother. Getting mad at someone else but taking my anger on someone different. "Lucas I'm so sorry, I'm just upset right now and you...happen to be here."