07. SECRETS SPILLED!

.............................................
Blair when she was 11.
.............................................

- I shake Amy's hand with a smile and then I let go of her hand. "You didn't know my name? I mean you called me Wrenlee instead of using my name."

"I know your name but I wanted you to introduce yourself to me because we aren't close. And when people introduce themselves to one another, it means that's one step closer to being friends." Amy shrugs her arms just a little bit with a slight grin on her face but I could tell she's lying.

I chuckle and look down as I click my tongue while speaking. "That does sounds nice but I think you didn't know my name at all, and that might be 'cause I'm very...invisible in school.

"I'm sorry Blair, I'm gonna be real with you. I didn't know your name because everyone in school calls you Wrenlee so that's why I called you that too." Amy says as she sighs silently and I can feel a little guilt in her voice so I shake my head to reassure her it's nothing.

But it is.

It really hurts me when people only talk to me when they need something or when they're bored or when they need someone to listen to them.

They never ask me for my name, they pretend they know me to get what they want.

But I'm just a kid. I may not understand half of the things and sometimes I may be overreacting.

My eye catch a glimpse of a black van near a house. I can't see it from up here since the house it's a little far but there are four people with suits along with one man who looks like their boss.

I wonder who they are, and what they're doing here.

"Blair?" I see Amy's hand moving up and down in front of my face and that's when I snap out of my thoughts.

"I'm sorry, I just- I don't know where I was". I say feeling a little embarrassed.

My mother told me that I get zoned out a lot and due to that I will lose all of my friends, making them think I'm crazy.

"It's alright." Amy says with a slight smile as she walks beside me and her eyes shift to my shirt. "I like your shirt. It's cute and-"

"Very out of style?" I raise an eyebrow with a small grin. I am wearing a dark pink Hello Kitty shirt with a black collar on my neck that looked like a necklace. These collars are very trendy now.

She shakes her head immediately. "What? No no no...okay I don't like your shirt. I just wanted to compliment you and not sound rude."

I chuckle a little and nod. "I understand and I'm not offended. Wanna know why?" She nods her head. "Because my mother has control over what I wear so I don't like the clothes either."

Amy laughs with me for a second before she stops. "Why don't you tell your mother you can't wear such unstylish clothes?"

I stop laughing slowly as I remember the night I refused to wear the clothes my mother picked for me, and how she beat me up with a stick till my brother Eric came.