*ೃ༄ 16 ༄ೃ*

That night I avoided everyone

That night I avoided everyone. While the rest of them were in the hall, I stayed with my mum where she helped me clean up. She bandaged my hands and placed plasters over the scar below my eyebrow and wherever else had a mark. Although, in that moment a part of me wanted to go back with my mum to erudite or even just for her to be with me for the night, I knew that couldn't happen and so I cherished every moment I had with her. My mum of course eventually left and I lay on my bed staring at the cold ceiling.

I tried not to think of what I did to Peter, an if I did, I continued to tell myself that if it was the other way round Peter would've knocked me out too. It just had to be me who was the one to knock him clean cold. 

I couldn't face seeing Peter, nor the others, which was why I skipped dinner and just remained on my own. Just as I was about to fall asleep though, in crept the rest. Despite the lights being turned off, I could see their shadows. I heard some, 'shushes,' from people as others were trying to quietly talk. As I heard ones trying to shower, get ready for bed and even ones who had skipped that routine entirely and just fell onto their bed. The springs creaked near me, it must have been Al. I turned to me side and easily dozed off.

I dreamt that I was somewhere else. Somewhere far away from the dauntless faction, I was at a place that felt like I hadn't been there in an eternity. It was home. I saw me as a little child running around the grass that covered our home. My dad was there. He was pretending that he was a dragon flying over to me. My little body attempted to run away from him but he caught me in time and threw me on my back as he ran in all directions across the grass. I was laughing, so was he, and even my brother and mother who were sitting reading books. 

The dream felt more distant as the light gradually reappeared into my eyes. Slowly blinking my eyes to adjust, I noticed a tall shadow standing over me. Coming back into full view, it was Will.

"Why are you wearing that vest?" I faintly spoke, forgetting about how we left things the night before.

"War games." He quickly replied.

"Where's Sarai?" I asked him.

"She thought it would be best if she kept a distance for a while."

"Yous are afraid of me, aren't yous?" I questioned. 

"It's not like that." He lied.

I repositioned myself so that I was sitting on the bed.

"Where are you going?" Will asked.

"I'm coming with yous." 

"You can't. Eric says you're done." Will infromed.

"What?" I grew frustrated.

"He said you're out."

"I heard you the first time. I did what he wanted me to do!"

"Maybe your mum can make an exception, talk to the other leaders, get you back to Erudite."