*ೃ༄ 30 ༄ೃ*

Four followed me back into the testing room but as he walked towards the injection table, I stand staring into the room

"How's this exactly going to help me?" I fold my arms.

"Just shut the door." Four states.

I close over the door.

"You're going to be practicing." He continues.

"That's not going to work, I already know how to get out of them."

"You're not going to be practicing in your mind. You're going to in mine." He says walking over to the machine as he takes off his jacket. My face looks in disgust but it was more me trying to figure out how that was going to work.

"Have you ever done this before?" I ask.

"No, I haven't." Four says while looking down.

"Great. I think it would've been easier if Al and the others killed me the other night." I sigh sarcastically. Four didn't find it funny however.

I awkwardly grin back at his expression.

"Are you sure you want to?" I say as I walk in a circle.

"Why wouldn't I want to?" Four says softly, causing me to stop. I'm not sure if I like this version of him.

"I mean, we barely know anything about each other. You haven't told me anything about your life and now you're just going to let me inside your head?"

"Why- Are you afraid?" His expression lightens as he waits for an answer.

"I don't get afraid...I mean unless there's fire or water involved." I glance up at him at the end of the sentence. From the look on his face, I don't think there is any fire or water.

"Wait, so, you're not afraid?" I continued.

He thought for a second before he continued. "No." he said as he looked back down.

He grabs the injection as he puts it to the side of his neck, pushing the syringe so all the liquid disappeared. He then took the side of me face and moved it ever so slightly so he could inject the serum also to the side of my neck.

His touch made me shiver on the inside but I tried to ignore it.

He looked at me for a couple of seconds as my eyes immediately began to feel tired. I don't think getting enough sleep had helped.

I sat in front of him on the chair, as he attached a neurone transmitter pad onto the side of my face, the other side of it was on his head.

I slowly blinked before I relaxed and felt like I was no longer in the room.

The simulation takes us. The ground I stand on is no longer made of cement. It creaks like metal. Fight pours in from all angles, and the city unfolds around us, glass buildings and the arc of train tracks, and we are high above it. I haven't seen a blue sky in a long time, so when it spreads out above me, I feel the breath catch in my lungs and the effect is dizzying.