The Prelude

Before embarking on a new phase of journey, let's watch like a film reel a little flashback of what had happened in the past three years getting in, getting with and getting out of the bumps, humps and hurdles along the broken avenue. Being in love can be considered as one of the greatest feelings of all and could also be the worse. Sometimes, when you are inside the relationship, you could meet the chaos, cathartic changes, betrayal, adjustments, spaces and differences – this could be love or any other forms of anxiety. Love and Other Anxiety is the reflection of someone being inside a relationship – the ways and means and every emotion in between. The title was an inspiration of the song "Out of the Woods" by Taylor Swift, in her performance in Grammy Museum, she uttered these words before singing and it goes like "I'm going to play a song about a relationship where the number one feeling I felt in the whole relationship was anxiety. Because it felt very fragile, it felt very tentative. And it always felt like, 'Okay, what's the next roadblock? What's the next thing that's gonna deter this? How long do we have before these turns into just an awful mess and we break up? Is it a month? Is it three days? And so, you know, I think a lot of relationships can be very solid and that's kind of what you hope for, for it to be solid and healthy but that's not always what you get. And it doesn't mean that it's not special and extraordinary just to have a relationship that's fragile and somehow meaningful in that fragility."

Love and Other Anxiety talks about the irrationality of being a lover, a partner, a friend and of being a person inside a relationship. One of the most crucial part of coming up with the idea of love as a form of anxiety is proving that it can be a reason of anxiety and why it can't be. One thing I love about writing this, is I can be vulnerable as I can be. I can be happy, sad, angry, furious, anxious, suicidal, extremely unreasonable and immature.

Love and Other Anxiety, a lineup of 45 poems expressed with eagerness, experiences, and mostly imagery and metaphors of our emotions. I would describe this line up of poems as messy, unpredictable, complicated, sad, tragic and narcissist. It is all over the place. Characterized by love as a form of anxiety. It is a vulnerable, emotional, sad, hopeless, manipulative self-expression and outlook of everyday life.

Here, savor the most provocative self-expression and self-exploration as I unfold the different complexities of anxiety. This collection includes tips on how to manage anxiety and what to do to avoid panic attacks. Some poems and prose includes explicit words and suicidal ideologies. Plus, a Spotify playlist that you can listen to while reading.

There are no symptoms of anxiety and depression, but there are signs that a person may start to feel or to have, if you can feel some of these emotions, you may seek a professional help. This book is not intended for cases as stake.

Read at your own risk!

Feel the love and other anxiety!

Dig into this depressive tale.

xx