Right Where You Left Me

i'm stalling on a cliff's edge with my eyes staring at distance. the cold air brushes off on my skin. they say, sunsets are proof that endings can be beautiful too. but not in my case cause all endings aren't beautiful, they are deep cut blue.

the sun starts dipping on the west with the birds resting on their nests. while me, still here, on the place where your silence left me. i'm still here, on the cliff's edge asking where did i go wrong. still here where you dropped my hands while dancing.

i sat on the edge. on a far distance, i saw darkness beginning to conquer the vast expanse of the forestry. like the darkness that you've left me, the light that you stole from me. like the love that once we conquered, now all these sadness are down-poured.

the wind howls, birds chirping, i'm still here on the edge punching in the air, asking why life is so unfair? i wish i could hurt you like you hurt me. i wish i choose to leave first before you left me. but all those regrets are nothing cause you chose to hurt me first, leave me first. and with no reason, me in our affair still being imprisoned, you walked away.

moon beams, crickets are everywhere but i'm still here. where you first love me then broke me. here, where you ask me on your knee then cancel the party. still here, where you first had me then lose me. still here, where we painted the sky of our dreams and soon to be family. still here, i'm still here where you stole my peace, my sanity, my life, my everything. i'm still here, on the cliff's edge, where i begged you not to leave me, where i almost jumped off, where i almost killed myself.

i'm still here, right where you left me.