Endo Kyou pt. 2

He was so focused on the silliness of it all, so lost in his thoughts that he didn't realize he had passed everyone without freaking out and had made it to his house.

"Oh, it looks like I'm home," his face nonplussed.

He ungracefully grabbed his house key and entered his house, fumbling his way in.

"Tadaima," he said automatically leaving a bitter taste in his mouth, now stronger with all the self-awareness. Did he have to build a goal sheet now? He really had to think about his place in this world, there was no way a BL novel had no drama. He was also sure of the fact that there were other stories. It was weird to describe it that way but he didn't have any better wording for it. other people, that could be characters of plots? No, that wasn't right either. The point was that he was sure that it wasn't just his brother that was a protagonist, honestly, this was a whole planet. Plus he recalls reading a novel by the same creator, one about a boy named Oh Yutaka, who coincidentally happens to be his classmate. In his experience living as Endo Kyou, Coincidences don't just happen. Not that he was confident enough to mess with that plot. He wasn't ready for the spiritual world. He involuntarily shivered, finally deciding to go to the comfort of his room after that thought. It was one thing to find out you were a fictional high school student not from someone else's mouth but from first-hand experience but it was another thing to find that out plus live in a real possibility of ghosts being around the corner.

"Ugh," he groaned into his bed, he did not envy Yutaka.

He slowly and lazily took off his socks while laying down on his stomach, putting his school bag on the side of the bed. It wasn't unusual for him to skip school in his six months of high school, but that didn't mean he wasn't a straight-A student, people just generally didn't picture him that way. He thought it was reasonable considering who his brother was but now knowing this was a fictional world, he didn't bother to think about it anymore. Reputation and stereotypes were key points for any story. He put both hands under his pillow and turned his head towards his wall.

He yawned, it seemed an existential crisis at this age was too stressful for him, and promptly knocked out. In retrospect, he probably should've stayed home, to begin with, but he didn't think it was a big deal, at first.

He woke up to the buzzing on his phone, slowly he reached out for it and grudgingly lifted his head, it was 12:23.

"Oh, no, I forgot to make lunch for him," he groaned. he rubbed his face and got up, the phone still in hand. It buzzed with a notification one last time then stopped. He instinctually put in his password, they were text messages from Madoka, Endo Minori's childhood friend and maybe only friend.

Hey, Kyou, is everything okay?

He was about to send a text when he realized it wasn't his usual style.

>yea, why?

You didn't make lunch for Minori today...

>oh, yea, I pulled an all-nighter trying to study for an upcoming test, sorry for the worry 0:

It's okay, I was just checking in

> ((:

"And all because I didn't make lunch, not even my brother noticed the oddity," He tossed the phone at the end of the bed, laying on his back, his feet meeting the floor. His right forearm came up to meet his forehead.

"Even my texting style changed," He breathed out, he had to stop from sending out an immediate inquiry rather than a reply. His phone buzzed again.

"Oh, gosh, what is it now," he blindingly reached for his phone, carrying it up with one hand to meet his face.

"It's from Minoru... Oh, yeah, that happened," he sat up and checked the text, or many texts, in this case. The final one said 'Call me.'

"Ugh, bro, I am not in the mood to talk to anyone," he replied in the silence of his room.

His posture hunched and his hand reached for his hair, he griped at his scalp. He needed to really think about this. He didn't have any definite proof yet his conjecture already made him want to die all over again and made his stomach flip all the way up to his head. He took a breath, he would need to make a graph or gather evidence. That's it, if in two months a new student came to his school, specifically Minori's class. Then he would know he's not delusional.

"I guess I have to call," he sighed. He gripped his phone and reluctantly pressed the call button.

"Hello,"

"Kyou," Minoru's voice was gruff for a 17-year-old but this time it was more intense than usual, Kyou held back his cringe even if he was alone in his room. 

There was a beat of silence.

"Yes, that's my name, don't wear it out," he said with false cheer, rather this is what he would usually sound like. 

Before the whole gaining perspective thing. Of course, he didn't feel any more mature just tired and less rambunctious, he had a feeling that was going to become a facade more than anything.

"What was that this morning?" another beat of silence.

"Um, I was in a rush to get out of school, I thought everyone was out to get me, make me sit at a desk for eternity, and do test after test!" he said dramatically. 

Honestly, it was a wonder how Minoru put up with him, he was more obnoxious than anything. He probably still was.

"No, you know what I mean," The aggressiveness of his voice finally abating.

"Well, honestly that's what I mean," Kyou emphasized. 

Maybe that was a tad too strong but he was allowed sass in the subtle department, not that he wasn't sassy on a daily, it was practically him. Kyou could hear him sigh on the other end of the phone. Actually, he was feeling pretty good right now. He was having a lot of mood swings, maybe he just needed to talk to someone. Just not, someone who was certified, he made a face.

"Hey, do you want to go get something to eat, Meet up at my place?" 

Kyou asked and yeah he knows he said he didn't want to meet anyone but what if it was a forever thing? What if, if he didn't see anybody today he would turn into an apathetic recluse, half of what his past self was?

Finally, he did cringe, not that anyone would see.

"Sure," Minoru replied interrupting his thoughts, and hung up.

"Actually what the fuck? I regret that already," wasn't Minoru a major antagonist in his brother's love life? 

Didn't he say he didn't want to meet any of the characters? He felt like ripping his hair out. What he knew and what he was used to were in conflict.

"Fine, fuck it, whatever." 

he put both his hands down to his side and took a deep breath. Minoru would be over soon, it's not like his house was far from the school. He would have to get used to and the sooner the better, it's not like anyone would acknowledge his existence, his knowledge directly. He didn't know what was worse, being alone in this or finding people similar who wanted to mess around like this was some actual story and not his reality now. Hopefully, he wouldn't get the answer.