Herrzan, your background adventurer pt. 1

Herrzan let out a puff of smoke as he leaned against a barrel. The night gave way to the embers of his cigarette to shine an enchanting orange. As the background noises of the rowdy company came from the guild building, he thought about the past two weeks. She had found herself dumped into the body of a rando and presumably took up his identity without any further complications. Of course, he had chalked up the lack of mental difficulties to some isekai bullshit or maybe it's because he got hammered hard soon after. This body seemed already used to that kind of behavior. He moved his eyes to the guild entrance as two adventurers came out before minding his own business. The two people were seemingly out for a quiet cigarette break. This place Herrzan had found himself in, or whatever semblance of identity he had, was a place of heathens otherwise known as lacking technological advances in the face of magic. He sighed, his workload of that day dimming his energy to scoff at the observation.

"Did yer hear?" the stumpier ruddy man grumbled, as he shifted the cigarette between his lips.

"Hear what, that the Ardent Victory is moving up west?" the sallow one answered, his hands finicky as he lit a match.

"No," he paused, exhaling, "There's been a pushback for the date, they're going to be sending more quests for us to fill the troops."

"Tch, nobles, after all these years boosting their troops, now they come to the common people."

"Hey, watch yer mouth," the ruddy man looked around.

As their conversation blended in with the ambiance and mix of similar conversations, Herrzan stomped his cigarette, feeling the fatigue in his shoulder muscles. Again, it had been two weeks and it would've been harder to acclimate if he didn't have the memories of the guy plus knowledge of the fictional world he were in. Scruffing up his hair with his left hand, he made a pained face. What was he going to do? He was trying to hold on to his sanity, that last bit of yearning for the earth, for home. But he could feel the comfort of complacency, of isekai bullshit pulling at his mental faculties. The worst part about this was, that he was your common cashier just trying to get that pocket money, still in school.

"Ha~h, Utter bullshit," before he could gripe more to himself he was interrupted.

"Hey, Herrzan, come and check this out," someone bellowed from within the guild building, merry cheers following.

Herrzan got the picture and walked inside, greeted by the sight of his dwarven guild mate dancing on the long assembled group of tables, everyone cheering, some spilling their drinks. His Team Leader turned around, with his long blond hair and beard, a light in his eyes as he caught sight of Herrzan.

"Herrzan, here, here, here," he patted a spot next to him, jovially.

As he made his way next to his Team leader mulishly, he got slapped on the back, an arm wrapped around his shoulders, "Cheer up, you're too young to be acting so downtrodden!"

His Team leader scolded him.

"Gordon, if that was true, I'd be in a field of grass lazing," at his response, Gordon, his team leader's thick brow rose, his lips pursed in bemusement at what Herrzan said before bellowing.

"You say the weirdest things," as his whole body shook in the drunken mood, his heavy shoulder caused Herrzan to move with him

As the night went on, and the members of the adventurers guild got stupidly drunk, as was routine, Herrzan sighed, already tired from his new life.