Herrzan pt.2

The morning birds sang back and forth and the morning dew was still present as he felt the short daggers sheathe twirl in his palm. His brows furrowed as he thought hard about why his face looked so familiar to him. He had been trying to figure it out within the past three weeks, yet he was not any closer. His appearance was quite a change to him, considering he wasn't a man before and there was a change in age but what really got to him was his light blue eyes and average-looking blond hair. He knew himself, Herrzan, was not anyone significant in the manga that was climbing effervescent. Which, by the way, was a stupid name, his brow rose with that thought.

"Hey, stop daydreaming and come back down, make sure you're ready, we got to go soon."

at that, he just grunted a reply. The person that called out to him, also looked familiar which clued him into the fact that his team must have made an appearance in the manga or something but when? That was the important question. Seeing Herrzans lack of response, John made a noise, "tch."

John had a youthful look to him, with a slight spread of freckles and downy brown hair, he was quite spirited and around the same age as Herrzan.

"Look, you should at least act like you're listening since Gordon took pity on you..." and on and on he went, waving his sword around and making other hand gestures.

"Jeez, Jamie, why are you torturing our newest team member," Krongule, his dwarven comrade, interrupted coming out of the grove.

"I'm just telling him what's best, and my name's not Jamie!" The young man squawked.

"Well, you know my ears don't work as well with all the years," Krongrule picked his ear only to continue," Plus, the human language is hard," he made a so-so gesture.

At that, Herrzen breathed a little out of his nose and let out a little amused smirk which Krongrule caught, unnoticed by Herrzen or John themselves. Herrzan put the dagger back into his back pocket and stood up, knowing that Gordon would make an appearance soon since Krongrule was here.

"Anyway, this should be an easy mission, we've already made halfway point," Krongrule said lazily.

"It's not like we haven't checked a gremlin's nest before," John off-handedly remarked, hand to his chin in thought.

Herrzan nodded at that, he had some experience with his memories and had at least done one gremlins nest within the last three weeks. If only to "re-familiarize" himself. It seemed before he had become Herrzan 2.0, he was solo as an adventurers guild member, it really was fortunate that Gordon let him join his group, as John was saying. It seemed Herrzan, even as a native lacked knowledge of the Adventurer's guild culture from what he could gather from his memories and living these past three weeks. Maybe, Herrzan was once not the sharpest tool in the shed but that was already a done-deal conclusion. He almost ran out of luck with the person he was inhibiting. A couple of noises of leaves brushed against each other before Gordon made his presence known the same way Krongrule had.

"You all ready?" it was a rhetorical question but they all nodded anyway, even Krongrule, who had the most seniority over all the members, including Gordon.

"Good," he nodded, before turning around and continuing, gesturing for them to follow.

"I got some news that there was another nest of gremlins on our way to the destination, we're going to check that one out too, and hopefully make a quick coin."