talk to me [4]

[Lea pov]

    I can't stop thinking about what Tom said to me last night. What horrible thing could Mia have said to him about me? I don't recall doing anything bad during my childhood. I never communicated with the kids around me so this is all so weird.

"Lea do you wanna go eat after school?"

"Helloooooo?"

"Lea?"

"LEA!"

Bill grabbed both of my shoulders and started lightly shaking me. "Lea Listing come back from wherever you are!"

"Sorry, I was thinking." I said.

He let go of me and replied, "Clearly you were thinking too deeply, now answer my question," Bill demanded while gathering his school stuff. "Do you wanna go eat after school?"

I was gonna respond when Tom and Mia walked in. I'm assuming they had Science together right after Bill and I had it.

"If I was Lea, I would just stop eating at all." Mia snickered. "I mean look at her, she's definitely gained since our first year of high school." she laughed while clinging onto tom.

I didn't respond back, I looked at Tom and he had no reaction to what his girlfriend had just said.

"Not cool Mia..." replied Bill. He held my hand and dragged me out of the classroom while talking, not giving Mia a chance to respond. "Lea I say we go to that cafe I was telling you about earlier, I heard their iced coffee's are really good!"

I started thinking about what Mia had said. I have gained weight since our first year. I mean, most of my pants don't even fit me well anymore. I was in a really bad place though and i'm healthy now. I have no problems which is all that matters, right?

"yeah okay, let's go!" I replied to Bill.

He smiled and did a little jump. "You're like my new best friend, you know that right?"

I laughed at how cute he is, "You're mine as well. Let's invite Gustav, don't wanna leave him out."

"Right, he is the one with money after all." joked Bill.

I playfully smacked him and laughed with him. To be honest I'm glad my brother brought his friends, other than Tom being a dick both Bill and Gustav are really cool people. I like having them around.

————

"THIS PIZZA IS SOOOOO GOOD," Bill said putting two more slices on his plate.

    Gustav turned to look at me and my plate of food, "Please don't tell me that's all you're eating..."

    I looked down at my small plate of salad and awkwardly smiled. Maybe I let Mia get into my head, JUST A LITTLE THOUGH.

    Bill stuffed his mouth with more pizza, "She let Mia get into her head about gaining weight."

    I grabbed a pepperoni from Gustav's plate and threw it at Bill. "Shut up I did not!"