talk to me [5]

[Lea pov]

Yesterdays incident was a bit too much. It's now the next day and I didn't bother going to school. Last night just had me overthinking. Georg really needs to explain, it's been hours. The time is now 4:45pm and Georg has been gone all day.

If he makes me wait another hour, I may break down again and that was not fun.

"I'm home baby sister." Georg walked in holding lots of bags.

I looked at him and glared, "Tell me why Tom said all that."

Georg sighed and put the bags on the kitchen table, he then walked towards the living room and sat next to me, "Fine, I'll tell you."

The room got quiet, Georg was thinking for about 4 minutes and we sat there in silence. I was starting to get impatient.

"Georg please hurry, you're making me anxious." I demanded.

He nodded and got serious, "When you were in the first grade you used to play outside a lot."

"One day while mom was busy doing I don't know what, you wandered off and somehow ended up in the city." he explained.

"Lea you almost got his by a bus while crossing the street, but you didn't get hit. A kind man pushed you out of the way." Georg paused and looked down.

Once again the room got silent, but this time it felt too silent. You could even hear a coin drop. I can't believe I didn't know about this. I mean, it literally happened to me. Why would he not tell me about this.

"That man was apparently Mia's dad, he didn't make it." Georg concluded.

Mia's dad? Is this why she hated me so much? Because her dad saved my life?

"When her dad pushed you, you hit your head very hardly against a nearby rock and lost your memory." Georg explained. "The doctors said you'd get it back before your 17th birthday but you haven't."

"Why didn't you tell me this before Georg? I'm not five anymore, I could've handled it."

"I didn't want you to feel bad over something that's not your fault Lea, I couldn't tell you. But it's out now." said Georg with a sympathetic tone.

"Can I have some alone time?" I asked Georg, trying to contain my tears.

    He smiled softly, "Yeah of course."

    I was now alone and I cried. I needed to cry, I couldn't believe this had even happened to me. I know Georg said it wasn't my fault but it felt like my fault. All the hatred I had towards Mia was now guilt. I felt guilty, she has the right to hate me. Tom can too, it doesn't matter.

    As the tears kept falling the front door opened, I quickly wiped them away and tried avoided eye contact.

"Lea, are you okay? Have you been crying?"

I looked at the shoes of the person who was speaking and they looked like Gustav's shoes.

"I'm okay." I lied, I wasn't okay. I wanted to bury myself under my blankets as of now and never come out but leaving at this very moment would be rude.

"You don't look okay," Gustav suddenly wiped a tear off my face.

    I looked at him and once again broke down. The tears just kept coming, I couldn't stop.

"Gustav are we gonna-" Bill walked in and went quiet.

"Oh no, Lea come here" Bill opened his arms, wanting to comfort me.

    Now it was silent, all you could hear was the sound of my cry. It was just Bill, Gustav, and I.

[month time skip]

A month has passed, it was now December and I have not gone to school since I've discovered why Mia hates me so much. Georg called in for me, he said we'd be out of town for a month. Since a month passed time was up and I would have to get out of bed. Even though I didn't want to.

"Lea, it's been a month," Bill entered my room and made his way towards the window. He opened the curtains and let the sun shine into my room. "You need to get out of bed."

All I've done within this month was sleep, I missed the school showcase and I've been really unstable.

"Cmon Lea, you need to get up and eat something." Bill insisted as he sat on the bed.

    I didn't respond to him, I just pulled the blanket over myself and turned away.

    Gustav entered, "She's still not getting up?"

    Bill shook his head and sighed, "The showcase went well, Gustav and I managed to pull off being a duo."

I gave in and spoke, "Congrats guys, I'm proud."

"We wanted to go to the movies if you wanna come." said Bill.

"We'll give you time to freshen up" Gustav smiled.

I sighed and nodded, "I'll go, give me an hour."

They both nodded and left my room. I got out of bed and took a shower. I then changed my clothes and did the basics. Then finally, I was done.

I would've stayed here, I still feel unwell about everything; but maybe going out with them would make me feel better. At least for a few hours.

I made my way downstairs where both guys were waiting for me and we left the house.

————

Once we arrived at the theaters we picked a movie and made our way inside to find the screening room. I had to pee so I left the room to find the restroom.

I passed the arcade inside the building and saw a girl that looked similar to Mia with another guy who clearly wasn't Tom. Mia is the last person I'd wanna see right now but I decided to get a closer look so I snuck behind a nearby photo booth.

I could clearly see that it was Mia now and she was kissing him?!

"I thought you died"

I turned around to see Tom who was now staring at Mia.

"That bitch."

————

Hello guys it's been days....BUT finals have passed and I'm now on summer break so I'll try to update more often!