Chapter 1

Bailey's POV

"So is Saturday good?" My dad asks over the phone.

My dad is the one and only Norman Reedus. I only get to see him once every several months due to his career. It really sucks but I'm happy that he's doing what he loves. We currently live in Staten Island, New York.

That means my mom has custody of me. That went well until she met Justin aka the devil. Ever since they got married he's turned into a monster. He hits me for every little thing I do wrong. There's a towel in the bathroom, I get hit. There's a dish in the sink, I get hit. If I don't eat all my food, I get hit. Nothing I do pleases him.

My dad doesn't know. Justin puts on the nice guy act when my dad picks me up. I want to tell dad but it doesn't work that way. He's already stressed out because of his insane schedule. I don't want to throw that on his plate either. Also the fact that Justin would flip out and I know what happens then. I have marks from last time to prove it. I know dad would drop whatever he's doing if he found out and I don't want him to do that because I know people depend on him. I also know I have a step brother named Mingus... I've never met him but dad showed me pictures of him. Mingus mostly lives with his mom too but he sees dad more than I do. He lives somewhere in New York too.

And last is my mom. She knows what Justin does but she doesn't say anything. She lets him do it! Her excuse was "he just wants what's best for you". Yeah, if scars and nightmares is what's best for me then he's doing a damn good job.

"Yeah.. Saturday's good Dad" I reply to his question. He wants to pick me up on Saturday and spend the day together doing random stuff.

"Awesome.. I'll see ya then sweetheart" dad says and I can hear background noise of the cast from the movie he's working on.

"See you then.. love you dad"

"Love you too baby.. I gotta go" he says and hangs up, leaving silence to fall back into my room.

My room wasn't much. Just a bed and dresser. No tv no nothing. The only reason I have a phone is because dad was tired of talking to mom when he called the house phone. I don't blame him. She's a bitch to him. Always blaming him for our problems and accusing him of being a bad father and not paying enough child support. Not like that money goes to help buy me stuff. It goes towards Justin's alcohol fund. Just what he needs.

My room only has one window and the walls are a dingy white, turning slightly yellow from all the years.

We live in a small run down two bedroom house. It's not much even. Though if Justin would stop drinking and saved that money we could have a hell of a lot better house.

I wouldn't dare ever say that to him though.

"Why the hell is there dishes in the sink!!" I hear the devil yell from the sink.

My eyes widen and panic makes its way through my body as I realize I forgot to do them because dad called.

I rush out of the room and into the kitchen, which wasn't a far walk, to find Justin holding up a dirty plate with a pissed off look plastered on his face.

"I-I'm sorry.. my dad called and I forgot" I apologize.

Justin scoffs and throws the plate on the ground, causing it to break into thousands of tiny pieces. "You're worthless! Can't even do the damn dishes! Now clean this up and do what you're supposed to!" He yells and before I know it, a stinging sensation is felt on my cheek. I open my eyes to see Justin shake his hand and walk out of the kitchen, kicking the glass as he walks out.

My hand touches my cheek as it throbs. Sighing, I get a broom and dustpan out to begin cleaning the shards of glass.

After that I start on the dishes, making sure to thoroughly clean them.

After putting the last dish in the cupboard, I walk back into my room praying Saturday comes soon. It's Thursday so it's not the far away.

Seeing my dad is the only thing I look forward to honestly. When I'm with him im able to be myself and do things without the fear of getting hit. Dad is like a giant kid and he's fun to be around.

I only wish I could be with him all the time. I know dad wouldn't ever hurt me like Justin does.

=====================

A/n: so here's my first chapter!!

Let me know what you think :)