Chapter 8

Bailey's POV

Right now dad and I were on a plane to Georgia. We had gone back to my house to pack a couple bags of my stuff and say final goodbyes to Stephen. I'm gonna miss him so much. Saying goodbye to him was the hardest thing ever.

Second hardest, getting on this plane.

I have never been on a plane. I also have done a class project over plane wrecks and now.. I'm very very nervous.

"You ok?" Dad chuckles beside me, noticing my shaking hands.

"Yeah.. Yeah I'm fine" I say, my voice and body language telling him otherwise.

Dad laughs and rubs my shoulders "you'll be fine"

The plane started to move and I jumped, clutching the armrests.

Dad again, laughs at me. "It's not funny!" I yell at him.

Dad shakes his head. "It is a little bit".

I was about to say something else when a squealing girl interrupted me. "Oh my god it's Daryl!" She squealed.

I turned my head towards the window to secretly roll my eyes. I don't get how my dad stays so calm and cool during this. I would definitely get annoyed. But then again, I'm always annoyed.

Dad glances over at me before turning to the girl who was standing next to his seat, even though the pilot still had the seatbelt sign still on. He cleared his throat before smiling at her, half of it I think was a fake smile. I know he doesn't really like to be bothered on planes. "Hi sweetheart" he said to her.

She blushed and giggled. It's kinda weird having girls drool all over my dad. Like... He's just a person. I don't get it.

Now Adam Levine though.... That's something to drool over.

"I love you so much! Can I take a picture?" She asks, clutching her phone tightly in her hand.

Dad hesitates. "I dont know, it's been a long day. Can I just sign something for you?" He asks nicely. I feel bad for him sometimes because with him being famous, people call him rude for declining a picture even if he's had no sleep or even just a rough day and isn't in the mood.

"Please can I have a picture?" She asks again, obviously not caring about his wishes.

"I'm sorry but I really don't feel like it right now" he politely declined again. "But I'd be happy to sign something and follow you on Twitter"

Her smile fell and was replaced with a disgusted look. "I've spent the past year watching you on tv and I can't even get a picture?!" She snaps rudely. I bite my lip, trying to keep myself from saying something I shouldn't to her.

"I'm sorry I just really don't feel like taking pictures right now" dad says politely. I still don't understand how he does it. How stays so calm and collective during annoying confrontations like these.

"Wow... You're rude" she snarks.

"Hey can you leave?" I find myself snapping at her, so much for biting my lip and staying out of it.

Dad shoots his head towards my direction and gives me a warning glance but I ignore it. This girl needed to leave him alone if she was going to be disrespectful.

"Excuse me?" She asks shocked.

"Can you leave? Like you know.. Walk back to your seat and mind you own business and leave my dad alone. Obviously you're not a real fan if you don't respect his own feelings and accept what he's offering you.. You're too selfish and only care about yourself and getting a picture.. Some people would give anything just to shake hands with someone like him" I sass, I hate it when people don't understand that my dad is just a human like everyone else. He has his bad days and this past weekend has really been stressful on the both of us.