Chapter 5

Bailey's POV

"Where are we going?" I ask Dad who hasn't really said much since we left Stephens.

Dad looks over at me and smiles. "It's a surprise sweetheart"

"Dadddd" I groan and roll my head back into the comfortable seat.

Dad just chuckles and takes one of his hands off the steering wheel and rubs my shoulder, right over a fresh bruise causing me to flinch.

"What?" Dad asks looking from me to the road.

"I have a bruise there" I whisper and look at my lap, ashamed.

"From what?" Dad chuckles.

I look at him in shock. I mean, I did just tell him yesterday about Justin.

"Seriously?!" I snap, causing him to jump from my sudden outburst.

"What?!" He shouts back.

"I just told you yesterday that Justin abuses me! Did you even pay attention!"

"Yeah I did but I didn't think you were serious" dad says back, tightening his grip on the steering wheel.

"You thought I was lying about getting abused?! Why would I lie about that dad?! Give me one good reason!"

Dad sighs and lowers his head, still looking at the road. "I just didn't want to believe my daughter was being hurt by another man" dad whispers, I almost didn't hear him.

"Well I am.. are you going to do something?" I say still mad.

Dad doesn't answer and just stares ahead at the road.

I scoff and roll my eyes. "Figures" I mumble under my breath, but dad being the freak he is still heard me.

"What do you want me to do huh?! I can't just take you home with me! Don't you think I'd love to do that?!" Dad yells, his voice cracking. "I love you dammit and I don't want you to get hurt but it's not that easy! I would go to jail for taking you away without having proper paperwork! So I'm sorry!"

I bow my head and let a single tear fall from my eye. I didn't know.. now I feel like an ass. "I didn't know" I whisper, not looking at him.

I hear dad sigh before grabbing my hand causing me to look up at him. "I know baby.. lets just have fun today and worry about that later ok?" He asks giving me a sad smile.

I nod and wipe my cheek "ok" I reply and give him a smile back.

===========

After several hours of playing video games and go-karts, it was finally time to eat and I was starving.

We found this delicious pizza place that was kinda small but amazing.

"Oh my god it's Daryl!" Someone screams from outside the restaurant.

I sighed aggravated and rolled my eyes. I hate it when people freak out over dad and try to grope him in front of me.. it's gross.

"Sorry kiddo" Dad mumbles and rubs my shoulder as the screaming fangirls enter the building. "How about you go find us a seat while I talk to them" dad suggests and I nod not wanting to hear them call him sexy and whatnot. Some girls even call him "daddy" .... gross!

I find a nice secluded booth in the back of the restaurant. The seats were a little worn out but I rather sit here then next to the window.

I take a seat and a couple seconds later a waitress was at the table. "Can I get you something to drink?" She asks giving me a smile.

"Um can I get a coke? And my dad will have a water" I answer, nodding towards dad who was taking selfies with the girls.

The waitress chuckles "I'm guessing your dad is famous"

"Yeah" I sigh.

"That probably gets annoying then I bet" she replies.

"Yeah.. I don't get to see him much and we can never hang out without them crowding him" I answer and watch as dad says goodbye to them and starts walking towards us.

"That must suck... well I'll go get your drinks" she says and walks away just as dad sits down across from me.

"What did you get?" He asks grabbing a menu off the table.

"I got you a water" I say, grabbing my own menu.

Dad nods and flips through the menu quickly before setting it down.

"That was fast" I laugh.

"I can make up my mind pretty quick" dad says and gets on his phone, probably to play candy crush.

I finally decide on what I want and lay my menu on top of dads. "So what are you getting sweetheart" dad says not even looking up from his game.

"The Hawaiian pizza" I answer and the waitress drops our drinks off.

"Are you ready to order?" She asks getting her notebook out.

"Yeah I'll have the barbecue style pizza and she wants the Hawaiian" dad answers putting his phone away and smiling at the waitress.

"It'll be right out" she says and walks away.

"So dad?" I ask, nervously playing with my hands.

"So Bailey?" He mocks

"I'm afraid to go home" I whisper and look down.

Dad sighs and grabs my hands. "Cause of Justin?"

I nod my head 'yes' "I wasn't even supposed to come see you today" I say and hold dads hands tighter.

"Want me to talk to him?" Dad asks

"No!" I say shaking my head vigorously.

"Then what do you want me to do?" He asks pushing a strand of hair out of my eyes.

"Don't leave me" I whisper and feel my eyes start brimming up with tears.

"Bay" dad sighs.

"I know" I interrupt, knowing what he was gonna say.

"Would you really wanna come live with me? I travel so much sweetheart and you would have to do online school.. would you be up for that?" Dad asks, moving so he's sitting beside me and pulls me into his side.

I nod "yes dad I would.. I don't want to be scared anymore"

Dad rests his head on top of mine. "I guess I'll get a court date then" he whispers and kisses my head.

I smile and turn and wrap my arms around him, hugging jim tightly. "Thank you dad!"

"You'll need some proof that he hurts you though" dad says.

"I got lots" I mumble into his chest.

I hope this goes as planned!