Chapter 3

Bailey's POV

"By telling him" Stephen says handing me his phone.

I dont know if I can do this. I dont know if I can go through with it. This could be the end. Or the beginning of the end is a better way to put it.

"Come on, you can do it" He says opening my hand and placing the object in it.

The phone only weighed maybe a pound or less but right now, it felt like the whole world.

With nervous shaky fingers I dialed Dads number, hoping and not hoping at the same time that he would answer.

Ring. Ring. Ring.

Nothing.

Ring. Ring. Ring.

Nothing again.

Ring. Ring. Ring.

Nothing, come on Dad.

Ring. Ring. "Hello?" I hear dads voice on the other line.

I sigh in relief but a new feeling of nervousness overwhelms me. I hesitate for too long because dads voice comes back. "Hello? Who is this?" He asks growing impatient.

I look over at Stephen and he gives me a nod and a smile. "D-dad?" I manage to spit out, my voice sounded completely different due to nerves and stress.

"Bailey?" Dad asks, definitely confused. I hear rustling in the background and then silence. "What's up? Whose phone are you on? Did something happen?" Dad rushes out with several questions.

"N-no.. well in a way but it's not important.. nevermind" I say suddenly feeling too stressed and overwhelmed. I can't do this.

Stephen taps my shoulder and points to the phone and mouths. 'Do it'

I take a deep breath and put the phone back up to my ear. "Sweetheart what's wrong? Tell me" Dad says with a concerning voice.

"Um.." I start and look around nervously. This was it. I was gonna tell him. "Theres something you need to know" I say and look at Stephen who gives me a thumbs up.

"Ok" Dad replies calmly.

I take another deep breath and try to calm my nerves. "I'm sorry for doing this" I apologize before telling him.

"Baby girl you're worrying me" Dad says and I can hear the uncertainty in his voice.

Another deep breath. 'I can do this' 'he's your dad he deserves to know' I keep telling myself all these helpful things to encourage me to tell him.

I mean, what if Justin finds out I told. What will he do? And what if I can't stay with dad? There's a lot of risky ifs to this. But I have to.. if my kid was in this situation I would want to know.

"For a few year now.... Justin has... Justin has been abusing me and yelling at me and treating me like crap and I feel like you should know" I say and feel tears forming in my eyes, but they don't dare fall.

The only thing I hear on the other end is silence. Dead silence. I start to worry and think the worst. "D-dad?" I ask, my voice cracking.

"Why wouldn't tell me?" Is what my dad says in response. Not 'oh my god are you ok' or 'I'm coming to get you'...

"Because I knew you already have a lot of stress and I didn't want to add this to it.. your always gone and I figured there's nothing you can do about it.. but the main reason is I didnt want you to worry and I know people depend on you" I defend, hoping he would be supportive and not get mad at me. Dad is different. Sometimes the little things can upset him. And sometimes you could say anything to him and it wouldn't upset him.

I hear Dad sigh before replying. "Bailey.. you're my daughter... I need to know these things"

"I'm sorry" I sigh.

"It's ok.. just tell me next time" dad says.

Next time? What does he mean next time?

"Next time?" I ask confused.

"I'm going to talk to Justin tomorrow about this.. and if he continues to do it tell me" Dad answers like it was the most obvious thing.

This isn't going as planned! My anxiety is now through the roof. Not only am I not getting away from Justin... dads pretty much telling on me.

"B-but dad you don't understand.. I can't stay here" I beg desperately.

Stephen looks at me confused and I tell him to wait a minute.

"Sweetheart you know I would love for you to live out here but I'm always gone" Dad sighs.

He doesn't care. My own dad doesn't care that I'm being beaten.

"You know what.. don't even bother coming tomorrow seeing as you're too busy!" I yell, the tears that were threatening to spill are now cascading down my face. I feel Stephen move next to me and pull me into a hug.

"Bailey don-" Dad starts to say but I cut him off by hanging up the phone.

"He doesn't care.. he doesn't care" I cry into Stephens chest. This night didn't go as planned and it's nice to know that dads work means more to him then me. I know that's the reason why I didn't tell him but to basically know and hear it from him, hurt like a bitch.