Chapter 2

Bailey's POV

Friday went by pretty quickly. Well, the daytime did. Unlike other kids, I actually enjoyed school. It meant I didn't have to see Justin for 7 hours or worry about getting hit or beaten for 7 hours.

The night time however, went by as it usually does. Justin always finds something to yell at me about. "You're going to make a horrible wife someday! Can't even fucking cook right!" He screamed and threw his plate of food on the table in front of me. It was Mashed potatoes, Macaroni and cheese, and chicken.

"I-I'm s-sorry" I stutter in fear as I look up at his angered face. He clenches and unclenches his fists beside him.

"Eat all of this and make me something else!" He barks, pointing to his full plate.

"I- I don't like mashed potatoes" I whisper looking away.

"Did you just talk back?" He growls pulling my chair out from under the table.

"N-no" I say instantly. Fear of what's to come quickly overwhelms me.

"You know I don't like it when you back talk me.. it's disrespectful!" He yells and slaps me across the face. The familiar sting reappears on my face.

"I'm sorry" I help and bring my hand up to my face, holding the spot where he hit me.

"Guess my last lesson didn't teach you enough you worthless brat!" He yells and pulls me out of the chair by my arm.

Flashbacks from the last time he "thought me a lesson" come back into my mind and I panic. "No.. no no no I'm sorry.. please don't" I beg, tears threatening to spill as he forcefully drags me into his and my moms shared bedroom.

"Shut up brat!" He screams at me and this time, punches me in the face.

Once he reaches the room I'm thrown into it and he follows behind, locking the door behind him. "Shirt off" he orders as he unbuckles his belt.

With shaky hands I slowly pull the fabric off over my head and turn around. Bracing myself for the horrid pain of the belt.

"This is what happens when you disrespect me!" He screams and whips my bare back with the belt, causing me to yelp in pain. He does that 7 more times before pulling me up and punching me one more time in the face.

"Go to your room and don't come out" he yells and drags me into my room and shoving me in there. "And you are not to see your dad tomorrow!" He yells and slams the door in my face.

Ok, that hurt more than his beating did. I ran to my bed and dug through the sheets for my phone.

When I find it I quickly dial Stephens number.

Stephen is our neighbor, he's been helping me out since the beatings started 3 years ago. Anytime it got bad I would call him and sneak over to his house and he would help clean the wounds.

As I pressed the phone to me ear I could feel the warm blood trickle down my back, giving an unpleasant feeling.

"Hey Bailey!" He answers in a sweet voice that always brings me comfort.

"H-hey are you home?" I ask, my voice shaky and scared.

"Yes.. yes come over" he says, his voice clearly worried.

I hung up the phone and very quietly opened my window. Thankfully, my window faces the back of the house and is the only window on that side.

I'm careful to not touch my back when I climb out the window and I run over to Stephens house and knock on his backdoor. I'm not worried about Stephen seeing me in just a bra, even though he is 28. He's seen it several times and also to mention the fact that he's gay.

Within seconds Stephen opens the door, his blonde hair sticking up. He gasps when he sees me, I dont know why though it's always the same.

"Come in" he says and ushers me into the house. I go into the kitchen and he follows behind, already digging for medical supplies.

"He got you good this time didn't he?" He asks in a soft voice.

I sniffle and wipe my eyes, cringing when my back stretches. "Yeah"

"Why are you crying? You never cry" Stephen says while opening a bottle of hydrogen peroxide.

"He's not gonna let me see dad tomorrow" I whisper looking at my hands.

"Awe sweetheart, I'm sorry.. you should really tell him you know" Stephen says and motions for me to lie down.

"I can't do-" I start to say but he Interrupts.

"Do that to him because of his job I know you've said that.. but this is your life and health were talking about. What if one day Justin doesn't stop and he ends up killing you? Huh? What then? How would your dad feel? Or me! People care about you Bay" Stephen exclaims while he begins to clean my cuts.

"You don't understand Stephen.. it's not that easy" I cry, feeling stressed and overwhelmed at the same time.

"You keep telling yourself that but sweetheart I promise once you do it you'll feel so much better"

"I can't do that to him" I whisper thinking about dad.

"And if you die from Justin you know all he'll feel is regret and guilt for a long time.. he'll feel like it's his fault. You really want to do 'that' to him?" Stephen says emphasizing 'that'.

I think about his words. Do I tell dad or not? I don't want to add stress to him but I also don't want what Stephen mentioned to happen.

"How am I going to see him tomorrow?" I ask sitting up after Stephen finished bandaging my back.

Stephen smiles and pulls out his phone from his back pocket. "By telling him"