Chapter 4

Bailey's POV

I ended up accidentally falling asleep at Stephen's house.. actually on Stephen but I guess at some point he carried me to the guest bedroom.

It's only 9:00am and I was hoping Justin wasn't up or tried to go to my room. Lord knows what would happen if he caught me sneaking back in or gone.

I slowly threw the comfortable sheets off my body and got off the bed, which was the softest bed I've ever slept on.

I rub my eyes, stretch and yawn before slowly walking down there stairs where I was met by the mouth watering smell of bacon.

Now wide awake, I change my direction into the kitchen where Stephen was scraping eggs onto two plates.

I clear my throat and Stephen looks up from the plates and gives me a smile. "How you feeling?" He asks and goes back to making breakfast.

My smile disappears when I remember the conversation with Dad. How he doesn't really care about me. How his work is more important.

"Hey.. cheer up.. no one can be sad when you have food" Stephen laughs as he hands me a plate filled with blueberry pancakes, eggs, and bacon. The only times I get good meals like this is when I come over here.

"Thanks Stephen" I smile and dig into the delicious food.

"Your dad called and texted my phone several times.. I think you should let him explain" he says as he sits next to me at the table.

I slowly chew my food and swallow before looking up at him. "I think he said enough"

"Bailey just let your father explain or at least apologize, he obviously feels bad or else he wouldn't call so much" Stephen explains as he eats.

I groan and move my food around on the plate with the fork. "Fine.."

Stephen smiles and hands me the phone where I could see that dad had called 6 times and texted 3 or 4.

Bailey please answer me.

Look I'm sorry let me explain.

I'm still picking you up tomorrow.. I miss you.

Please Bay :-(

I read the messages and sighed before pushing the chair out and walking to the living room where I plopped down on the couch and dialed dads number again, hesitantly hitting the call button.

"Bailey?" I hear as dad answers the phone.

"Yeah" I sigh, not really in the mood to talk.

"Thank you for answering.. look about yesterday-"

"Dont.. I get what you mean" I interrupt him.

"You do?" He asks sounding relieved.

"Yeah, you care more about your work than me".

"Wh-what?! No! That's not true.. sweetheart I'm hardly ever home so you would be alone alot and would have to take online school.. I didn't think you would want that" Dad replies back.

"Did you not hear what I said yesterday?! Justin beats me dad.. physically.. I would rather be alone" I halfway yell, not understanding how he doesn't get it.

I hear dad sigh "how about we talk more when I pick you up ok? I'm like 30 minutes away"

"Dad, Justin say I couldn't go" I sigh and rub my face with my hand, stress sucks.

"Fuck him.. look you're coming with me somehow" I hear dad yell, he sounds pissed off.

"I'm next door right now with Stephen" I tell him.

"I'll pick you up there" dad says.

"Ok" I reply and hang up the phone.

I hear someone clear their throat behind me and I turn to see Stephen leaning against the wall smiling. "I'm guessing things went well?" he asks and walks towards me and sitting on the couch.

"He's picking me up here" I answer.

"So I get to meet him?!" Stephen almost squeals. Stephen is actually a fan of my dads.. He likes the show The Walking Dead... a lot. Especially Rick.. it's kinda weird because Stephens lock screen to his phone is a picture of Rick and Daryl together and it's weird seeing my dad on his phone. But I got used to it.

"Don't pass out there buddy" I laugh and he playfully glares at me.

"A really hot guy is gonna be-" he starts to say but I interrupt him.

"Ew gross don't! That's my dad dude!" I scrunch my face up in disgust... I'm not saying my dad is ugly but it's gross.

"Ask him if he can bring Andrew next time" Stephen laughs.

I laugh at his little fan girl session. "So you're using me now?!" I joke and playfully punch him.

"You know I love you loser... I think of you like my little sister" he says and gives me a side hug.

We talk for another hour before there's a knock on the door. "I got it!" Stephen yells and runs to the door.

I laugh and stand up, following him.

"Hi Mr. Reedus!" Stephen says holding his hand out to shake. "Big fan"

Dad looks at him confused for a second before shaking his hand. I notice dad holding something behind his back.

"Hi dad" I say beside Stephen.

Dad sets down what he was holding and engulfs me in a giant hug and I wrap my arms around his neck as he picks me up and spins me. "I got you something" he smiles and turns to grab the Walmart sack he placed on the ground.

I took it and opened it to find a small flatscreen TV, a X-box, and a few games.

I smile big at dad and give him a huge hug. "You didnt have to get this for me dad"

"It's to make up for yesterday.. I'm sorry sweetheart" daddy whispers and kissed my head.

"It's ok" I smile and pull away from him. "Stephen I'm leaving this here.. I trust you" I say and smile at him.

He was standing by the door with a bright red face. "Don't pass out bud" I joke and pat his shoulder.

Stephen just playfully glares at me and pushes me.

"You ready sweetheart?" Dad asks beside me.

I turn around and smile at dad and nod. "Yeah... lets go"