Important

Hi and welcome to Khalifa

If you've decided to give this story a chance, I thank you for that. But before you step into its world of fiction, here are a few points to consider for your ease and convenience:

• For every new reader who does not want spoilers, please do not read the comments-- they contain spoilers. For every rereader or readers already knowing spoilers, please do not drop them in the comments. I'll be getting to comments on each chapter soon and will be deleting all the spoilers. Feel free to tag me if you come across any.

• Please be patient with the mystery in this book. It's a historical fiction/romantic thriller. Things might be confusing for you in the beginning, but by the end of the story everything will make sense to you. I've almost none of my readers tell me that they don't understand it once they've finished the book. Although if it's something which is already mentioned/explained that you didn't understand, then feel free to ask me and I'll clarify.

• Please do not drop any offensive comments/swearing/cursing/hate etc. Every character in this story is flawed, and though you're free to express yourself, there's no point in being mad over non existent people. So just enjoy yourselves. All offensive comments will be deleted.

• The character Eskander in this story is not a brother of Noura. He's just a son of her father's friend who's raised by her parents. For the love of Lord Almighty, please do not comment how their relationship is disgusting/disturbing. If at any point it bothers you, you can stop reading the story.

• Al Shafay is the caliph's regnal name, not his birth name, since the story is set during the Abassid period when caliphs preferred to go by regnal names.

• You may choose to read the book or leave the book. You may love it, or you may find it not to be your cup of tea. Either way, I thank you for giving it a chance. As an author, I value each of my readers without whom the story couldn't come to life.

Sending you all love.

Happy reading!