Chapter 8

A/N: I thought I'd give a little heads up. Both this story and the rewrite of Balanced archer shall be roughly the same. But skills and equipment shall be different. And as I have mentioned before, I am using the Light Novel of Bofuri. So I am using the names of characters from there. And I have to say, I was generally surprised to see how many (Despite it being a small amount) are enjoying this. So I thank you all. Updates shall probably start slowing down as I look through the past chapters and make a handful of changes. Hopefully this shall get better over time. Also, in terms of bare damage I'm thinking of keeping it as {10+(Stat [with the bonuses from items is up to you]*0.5)} For the damages of arrows, daggers and magic. Now onto the chapter!

When Y/N returned to the tree he and the girls were resting at. The three who had alternately slept on the top of the tree went down from the tree when the sun had started to rise. They were deep in the forest, so it's hard to find the next place to explore.

Risa: "Maple. Where do you want to go?"

Kaede: "Then......let's go straight and get out of the forest!"

Y/N: "Would be nice to get out of these forest"

Risa: "Understood! Let's go with that then"

The three advanced through the forest to the opposite direction from the ruins. After 30 minutes of advancing, Sally secretly told Maple and Y/N with a small voice.

Risa: "P/N, Maple. Behind us, there're players that are targeting us from the right brush"

Other than {Sensory Awareness}, Sally senses the monsters or players by even using the sounds created from the brushes and the metal sounds of armors. To not get suspected, the three continued to talk with a small voice while walking.

Risa: "They doesn't seem that strong... but they're aiming for a chance"

Kaede: "For the meantime, do you want to catch them?"

Risa: "You can do that?"

Kaede: "Un"

After answering short and quickly, she drew Shingetsu by a few centimeters.

Kaede: "{Paralyze Shout}"

*Kiin*, the sound created from returning the sword to its sheathe echoed in the quiet forest. A groaning voice could be heard in the brush behind them.

Kaede: "What do you think?"

Y/N: "They wanted to attack us"

Risa: "Perfect. As expected!"

The three approached the brush with no problems. In there, there were two players that received the powerful paralysis and collapsed.

Risa: "Having the resolution to be hunted instead, please come anytime, huh!"

Sally's attack easily sunk the two players. There was no medal.

Y/N: "I think that it's reckless to aim for Maple though〜... if it was me, I'd never target her......"

With this, it's the fourth time they encountered a player since the even have started. And the two of those, a battle had started, but there was no problem at all since the opponent weren't that much. The only one, Crom's party was probably a strong enemy but they did not have a battle, so they haven't had a hard time against players yet.

Risa: "Including today, only five days remaining... we might meet strong players somewhere"

Y/N: "Very much so. Which might be problematic"

Since they had encounters four times in two days, on simple calculations, they should have ten encounters. Within those, there might be a player that has a high ranking in the previous event. If they don't be cautious, they wouldn't know when they would be attacks.