Chapter 11: Hearing

Before heading down to the courtrooms Mr. Weasley led them to the front desk where both Harry and Hector placed their wands. 

The receptionist took Harry's wand and placed it on a dish. A slip of paper was printed out. 

The wizard tore this off and read the writing upon it. "Eleven inches, phoenix-feather core, been in use four years. That correct?" 

"Yes," said Harry nervously. 

The wizard took Hector's wand and placed it on the same dish. Another piece of paper slipped out. The man stared at it for a long time. 

"9 inches, snake scale core mixed with magic, used for twenty-five years, correct?" 

"Of course," replied Hector with a smile glad that the Mist did its work. The man handed the wand back to Hector and looked at Nico expectantly. 

"I don't have one, yet," Nico told him holding his hands up in the air to show he didn't have one. 

"You look to be fifteen you must have one," the man demanded. 

"Just learned of this world." 

"That is true, Eric the boy did just learn of this world. He is from the Olympia house," Mr. Weasley whispered. 

Eric nodded and let them pass. 

Mr. Weasley led them to the elevator which slowly descended until the voice once announced their arrival to the floor that housed the Department of Mysteries.  

"Come on," Mr. Weasley urged. The hallway had been just like in Harry's dream. An endless bare hallway that only led to a single locked black door. 

Mr. Wealsey led them down a set of stairs and down another long hallway that resembled a dungeon. The group could hear him counting under his breath. 

"Go in," Mr. Wealsey told Harry. 

Harry looked confused for a second before asking, "Are you coming in?" 

"Not allowed," Mr. Weasley briskly replied.  

"I am though," Hector replied. He placed a hand on the young boy's back and led him through the door. Nico mouthed a small 'Good luck.' 

Harry nodded his thanks to the Son of Hades. Hector swung the doors open with a flourish. The Wizangmont was still arriving and Fudge barely looked up at Harry's arrival. He did however notice the unplanned addition. 

"Who is this?" Fudge asked trying to keep a sweet smile. 

"Duke Hector Olympia, representative of one Harry James Potter. He does get the right to a lawyer does he not?" Hector asked.

"Yes, yes very well, you can stay," Fudge quickly replied. 

"Good," Hermes smiled sweetly (read: scarily.) 

As the last of the Wizenamot showed up Fudge said, "Now let us begin. If the accused would please take a seat." 

Harry hesitantly sat down. 

"Let us begin. Are you ready?" the last question was addressed to Percy Weasley. 

"Yes, sir," replied Percy eagerly. 

"Disciplinary hearing of the twelfth of August," said Fudge in a ringing voice, and Percy began taking notes at once, "into offenses committed under the Decree for the Reasonable Restriction of Underage Sorcery and the Internation Statue of Secrecy by Harry James Potter, resident at number four, Privet Drive, Little Whinging, Surrey.