Chapter 21: Dreams

Thalia's dream is an edited version of the memory from Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. Nico's dream is an edited version of Harry's dream about Mr. Weasley. I don't own the events.

They hoped for a peaceful night with no nightmares or demigod dreams but that hope was for naught as the three were pulled into a dream each. 

Thalia was pulled into the first dream. 

It started with a man and woman walking along a corridor. The woman was calling out to other people around her. Thalia assumed she was the person running the facility. The children all wore grayish clothes, and by the amount Thalia assumed this was an orphanage. They all looked well cared for but the shabby state of the building did not seem like the best place to grow up in. 

The two finally stopped in front of the room and the matron said, "Here we are." 

The woman knocked twice before opening the door, "Tom you've got a visitor. This is Mr. Dumberton -sorry Dunderbore. He's come to tell you - well I'll let him do it."

Thalia slid into the room along with the young Dumbledore. Thalia's face turned into a small grimace as she looked around the room, it was mostly bare except for a wardrobe in one corner, a chair, and a bed. Few possessions were placed around the room.

A young boy no older than eleven sat on the slightly rumpled sheets. He had dark black hair and dark brown eyes. He was a very pale boy who looked as though he didn't get enough sunlight. He had a book In his hands which he had been reading rather intently before Mrs. Cole interrupted him. 

Tom studied the auburn-haired man in front of him for a second, brown eyes piercing into blue.

 "How do you do, Tom?" said Dumbledore, finally, walking forward and holding out his hand.

After brief hesitation Riddle took the offered hand. Dumbledore moved the wooden chair up next to Tom's bed before speaking again. 

"I am Professor Dumbledore," Dumbledore introduced. Tom studied Dumbledore again. 

"Professor? Is that like 'doctor'?" Toms expression instantly turned suspicious, "What are you here for? Did she get you in to have a look at me?" Tom put emphasis on the word 'she' then pointed to the door. 

"No, no," Dumbledore denied. 

"I don't believe you. She wants me looked at, doesn't she? Tell the truth." Thalia was a tiny bit startled at the power he had unintentionally added to his voice. It was nowhere near as powerful as Piper's charmspeak but it was undoubtedly there. 

In an effort to appease the young boy Dumbledore said, "I have told you. My name is Professor Dumbledore and I work at a school called Hogwarts. I have come to offer you a place at my school — your new school, if you would like to come."

The boy jumped up with a yelp before accusing Dumbledore of being from an insane asylum and Thalia had to let out a short laugh. She probably would have done the same in his position of course, especially if she has not known why weird things happened around her and people had called her crazy. 

"You can't kid me! The asylum, that's where you're from, isn't it? 'Professor,' yes, of course — well, I'm not going, see? That old cat's the one who should be in the asylum. I never did anything to little Amy Benson or Dennis Bishop, and you can ask them, they'll tell you!" Tom accused. 

Dumbledore made an effort to appease the young boy by telling him he was a teacher once again. Dumbledore explained of what Hogwarts was. A school for magic, where people like Tom and Dumbledore could practice and learn to control their powers without fear of prosecution by Muggles.