Chapter 14: Birthdays

When Percy finally arrived back at Grimmauld Place a few days after the court meeting.  Amphitrite had officially declared Percy fit for representation in the Wizarding World but he had been wrangled into staying a few more days so they could celebrate his birthday before he went back. 

For his birthday the Poseidon had the palace staff make a ginormous cake that was quickly devoured by everyone. Kym, Rhode, and Benthesikyme had been invited to the palace. Kym had apologized (after a good scolding from Poseidon) about the incident in the Giant War and soon had made up with her half-brother. 

Percy ended up arriving back on his birthday, for which Sally had made a blue cake. This cake was also ginormous but was not just feeding a demigod and his godly family, but three demigods and about ten maybe eleven mortals. Kreacher had been given a piece of cake on insistence from the three demigods. For that, he had just thanked them before disappearing back into his hidey-hole. 

Thalia and Nico had given Percy a scrapbook of all the memories from Camp Half-Blood. They had even got Sally to enchant the pictures where they would move. Occasionally one would wave at him. He didn't know how they had gotten some of the pictures but was grateful to his friends nonetheless. 

Sally had given Percy a collection of her recipes since he liked helping her in the kitchen occasionally. Percy was hoping to try out a few of the recipes one day. She said her little secret for all of her recipes was that 'they were made with love.' 

Paul had given Percy a sweatshirt from Goode that he had found in the lost and found. It hadn't been claimed for years and he thought Percy might like it since that was the school he had stayed the longest at without getting expelled from and that had actually tried to help him with his ADHD and Dyslexia by doing what they could to make the learning process easier. 

Estelle had given Percy a little handmade card. She tried to be as creative as possible and even drew a small picture of their family. From left to right, it was Percy, Estelle, and then Paul and Sally. Percy could see all the hard work that she had put into it even trying her best to write Happy Birthday. He scooped her up in a hug and told her thank you. 

The wizards had not known what to give Percy for his birthday and decided on helping set up the party. Percy insisted there was no need for a big party but Sally ignored him and set one up anyway. The whole Order had been invited and Nico had even shadow-traveled a few friends to the Party. Will had scolded him for that and given Nico a thorough check-up and a few shots of Unicorn Drought. The scolding could be heard by the demigods from inside the house even though the two had been outside. 

"Nico you could have been seriously drained from that little stunt. Especially since Thalia told me that you Shadow Traveled to and from your father's palace. You're lucky I don't put you on observation because you look perfectly fine right now," Will scolded. A few demigods snorted at Nico's face from the window where they were watching. Wizards were scattered around the house chatting and playing. Sirius had somewhat secluded himself in Buckbeak's room and was feeding the Hippogriff. 

Percy stumbled upon him when he was exploring the house a little bit trying to get away from all of the attention with demigods and wizards alike wishing him Happy Birthday. 

He knocked on a door that was closed to see if anyone was in there. 

"Who is it?" Sirius called from inside. 

"Percy," Percy replied. 

"Trying to escape as well are you, eh?" Sirius asked, opening the door. 

"Yeah." 

"Well, come on in we can hide together." 

Percy walked into the room and immediately heard a voice in his head, 'My lord, ' Buckbeak told him, bowing.