Chapter 6

*Bowser's POV*

I'd screwed up. By telling Princess Y/n my true feelings I ended up pushing her away, leaving me heavily conflicted yet again. But I'm set in my ways, and I want to make things right between us. And possibly, I want to tell her how I truly feel about her, not Peach. Whether it be through an indirect letter, a song, or by a simple uttering of those three important words, I was going to tell her.

Me and Kamek had set up a fancy evening for me and Y/n exclusively, including an elegant dinner and the simple activity of stargazing, in hopes to pique her interest at least in the slightest way.

After the preparations were finished and the dinner had been set, I sat on one end of my large dining table and prayed for the best outcome as Kamek went away to retrieve Y/n.

And, 15 minutes later, she came. Her glowing complexion and amazing h/c hair set me in a simple trance almost instantly as she stared at me with slight annoyance. It was obvious she was still agitated about what I had said earlier in the week. But I'm determined to keep the promise I made myself, and to calm her down enough to tell her how I really feel, as if the plan still made any sense now that I'd replayed it in my head a thousand or so times...

"Good evening, Princess Y/n," I uttered as she settled down in the seat opposite.

"Good evening, King Koopa," 

I smiled, even if she was angry she still managed to use formalities.

"Please, call me Bowser..."

She nodded quietly, and so started the meal. It was most certainly awkward, but I kept my composure as Y/n soon finished her f/f. She... looked calmer than before, which was very good, but my plan for our evening was far from over.

Next, I took her on another tour of the most secluded parts of the castle. The subtle calmness Y/n had gotten over dinner had increased as she followed my lead, and everything was going according to plan.

Finally, I led her up to the highest point of the castle, and we ended up lying on the roof, side-by-side. At this point my heart was beating with the force and velocity of a stampede of Koopas, and I looked over to Y/n, who was looking at the stars dotted far above us.

"Y/n..." I muttered

"Yes, Bowser?" She replied, looking at me with wide pupils.

"Thank you for letting me do this for you... and sorry for talking about your sister in the way I did. I know it was wrong of me to do so, and I genuinely apologise..."

Soon I realised Y/n was very shocked at how soft I was being to her, and I looked away, overthinking her reaction. But suddenly I felt something soft and warm against my scaled cheeks.

A kiss...

But, as I looked back to where Y/n was, she had disappeared, all traces of her gone except for a small, thin-chain necklace, with a simple amethyst pendant.

I picked up the pendant and quickly headed back to Y/n's room, still in a lovesick trance from the kiss and hoping they'd fled there and was embarrassed about what she'd done or something, but as I reached the door to her room I saw a small note. Opening it up, it read:

'My final decision has been made, and I have found a way to return to Peach. If you would so wish, go to the entrance of Peach's castle and ask to see me. I will speak with the toads and Peach so as to not harm you on arrival.

Best regards, Y/n x'

I sighed. It was only a matter of time until she left, but I can't just sit here and let her drift away from me.

I need to find her again...

(Regular updates lesgooo!! Tysm for reading, its gonna get more and more interesting very soon lol, but tyy!!)