Chapter 7

*Y/n's POV*

After a week and a bit, I'd finally escaped the confines of Bowser's Castle. Glancing back at the amazingly large building behind me, I sighed heavily with a slight tone of regret. I'd left him behind, wondering about why I'd left him with only a note of my whereabouts and a simple kiss on the cheek. I don't even know why I did it, it just seemed like the right move to do. But by doing that it made me realise how much I liked the King.

I eventually reached the doors to my sister's kingdom, and as I entered I was greeted by a bombardment of Toads, Peach and some new guy dressed in red at the front of the crowd. As soon as Peach saw me, she hugged me with a loving force, tears swelling in the corners of her eyes.

"Y/n! I'm so glad you're safe!" She happily spoke.

"Yep, I'm glad you're safe too..."

Peach instantly noticed how down I was, and pulled me aside to talk, leaving the mysterious guy alone with the Toads.

"Hey, are you alright? You look quite upset. Plus, you need to tell me where you were..."

She held my hands gently as I replied, telling her of what happened with Bowser at his castle.

"That bastard!" She said after I'd finished, "I wish I'd known sooner-"

"No no, it's ok..." I accidentally cut her off, "In fact, I have to tell you something..."

Peach looked at me in confusion.

"I kinda like him... I only kept this a secret from you because I didn't want you getting angry or hurt from knowing about my... crush on him..."

Peach sighed.

"But what about him? He... still likes me, doesn't he?" Peach muttered to me.

I nodded silently, a look of slight fear and guilt in my eyes.

"It's ok..." Peach muttered, hugging me again, "Everything will get sorted out in the end..."

(Sorry for another super short chapter, I'm still trying to figure out the plot for this story. Tysm for reading and for 9k reads, stay tuned!)