thirty-one • letters to erling (1)

25.12.2014

Dear E,
It is my first Christmas EVER without you. It's hard. Just me, mamma and dad. It feels quieter than usual. I kept hoping that the door would ring and we'd see you standing there with Alf, Gabs and Ast but I know how you feel. I don't exist to you anymore. We just outgrew each other. Well, I haven't but you deffo have.

I would've gotten you something stupid that you would've hate but then I'd catch you smiling at it. I never understood that. I miss that about you, E. I think mamma and dad knew I felt lonely, they got me a puppy. A little beagle, of course I called him Bagel, like we always said we'd have one day. I wish you were here so badly, E. I miss you so much.

I miss my best friend. What did I do for you to hurt me like this? Did you think I had a crush on you? Is that what it was? I'm so sorry for whatever I did, E.

It's silly apologising on a letter you'll never read. It would be easier if I hated you but I just can't. Months later and I still feel sick at the sight of food. Mamma says this is all silly and we'll move past it but she doesn't even know you like that. Like I do and I know you want nothing to do with me.

I'm sorry, E. I love you.

Your best friend always,
Your Mia xx