Five

~Monday morning~
-Zayn-
"You didn't have to do this." I said, looking at him as he parked in front of the music store.

"I don't mind helping you, Zayn." Liam assured me.

Liam lived on the floor above mine in my building, and since we ran into each other in the lift the other day, we'd started chatting. Today, he'd given me a ride to work because my car decided not to start, which was a lovely thing to deal with in the morning. Liam seemed like an interesting bloke, we had quite a bit in common, and unfortunately I'd use anyone or anything to keep myself occupied.

Or, my mind occupied more like.

When I didn't keep myself busy, all I did was think about what I'd done to Harry, and how awful it was. Honestly, it was beginning to eat at me, and it'd only been about a week.

I needed to get this off of my chest, but I didn't really know how. So I simply smothered it.

"Can I come and watch you work?" Liam asked, smiling at me.

He did that quite often.

"Sure." I laughed quietly, knowing I wouldn't have much work to do this early.

Liam followed me into the store, and we stood at the counter and chatted a while, until Harry arrived.

I looked away from Liam, seeing a stressed expression on Harry's face. I knew that something had upset him, or that something was wrong just by the way he was dressed.

Harry always tucked his shirt in, wore jewelry, and on occasion he even wore sparkly boots. Today, his shirt wasn't tucked in, all but one button was buttoned, and he wore old white converse instead of boots.

He didn't bother to acknowledge either of us, walking over and sitting at the computer with a heavy sigh.

"Is something wrong?" I blurted out, my mouth taking off before my mind could stop it.

Harry turned slowly and looked at me, now looking puzzled. "Um, yeah. Just....things with...Luke." He said gradually.

I watched Harry's eyes shift from me to Liam, and Liam gladly spoke up and introduced himself.

"Hello, I'm Liam." He nodded at Harry.

"Hi,"

"I'm Harry." He answered, choosing to not flash one of his bright smiles.

A stiff silence followed, and Liam cleared his throat. "So, the two of you are mates?" He asked.

I looked at him, quite sure I'd explained my and Harry's situation to him before.

"Dunno, are we, Zayn?" Harry asked, bending his left leg and letting his ankle rest ontop of his right knee.

He sat back in his chair, watching me.

"Yeah, I'd like to think so." I nodded, before staring at Harry.

"How d'you two know each other?" Harry asked.

"Oh, we live in the same building." Liam chirped.

Harry smiled slightly before he turned back around to the computer. It was difficult for me to ignore my urge to keep talking to Harry, which bothered me because I rarely had urges to talk to anyone. I never really cared to.

"What'd you say happened with your flatmate?" I asked, my mouth taking off again. Honestly, I was still a bit curious about Harry and that boy.

"I never said anything happened with him." Harry replied, still facing the computer.