Twenty-seven

~A few days later~
-Zayn-
"Don't forget, you can come visit whenever you want." Harry told Luke after walking him to the door of our flat.

Ashton was down in the parking lot, waiting to drive Luke and the rest of his things back to his parents house.

Luke never did call Harry after we dropped him off that evening. When he spoke to Harry again, over the phone, he told him that his parents had apologised.

Luke said they had a talk that lasted hours, and both of his parents apologised to him about what they'd said, and done.

They also met Ashton, and Luke claimed everything went smoothly.

Harry had trouble truly believing that, so of course he had to meet Luke's parents to talk.

He said Luke's parents seemed like mostly decent people, and wanted Luke back home.

So, for the past few days Harry, Ashton and I had been helping Luke move back home. It was taking longer than it needed to, because I knew Harry didn't want him to leave.

He always made an excuse to stop packing.

It seemed like nobody was in a rush for Luke to leave except me.

I did like the lad, and I wasn't jealous or anything, but I was ready for things to go back to normal.

And that moment was finally here.

"I'll miss you Harry." Luke said, leaning against Harry and giving him one of those awkward hugs.

Harry gladly accepted it though, hugging him back.

"You're really cool and...you know, I'll miss your cooking and..how helpful you were and stuff. I don't know what I'd do without you." Luke said.

"You can still come by the store after school, maybe buy a CD or two." Harry said, trying to be positive.

"It'll be alright." He said softly after Luke hugged him tigher.

"My heart is clenching with sorrow." I said sarcastically, looking at the clock.

Luke glanced at me as he let Harry go, sighing quietly.

"Bye guys." He smiled, waving a little.

"Bye." Harry smiled, waving after him as he turned and left.

I watched Harry close the door from where I sat on the arm of the sofa.

He sighed to himself, shuffling off to Luke's old bedroom.

I got up and followed, standing in the doorway with him.

"Why didn't he take his bed and furniture?" I asked, looking around the room.

"He's already got those back home, there was no need." Harry said quietly.

"Oh. Well, now Jonathan can stay in here. I think he'll get more light that way." I decided, figuring his bowl would look good on the dresser by the window.

"It'll still be empty. Why is this so hard?" Harry asked.

"C'mon, let's go." I said, pulling him away from the room.

"Where are we going?" He asked.

"To christen the new flat. I consider it new, because it's just us again." I smiled, leading him into our bedroom.

"Zayn," He began in a tired tone.

"I know it's hard for you, and you're stressed and all of that." I said.