Twenty-eight

-Louis-
"Louis stop," Liam tried to grab me as we rounded the corner, coming to the waiting area in the hospital.

I pulled away from him, my eyes focused on Zayn, who was sat in one of the chairs, staring at the floor.

Liam and I were woken by a phone call from a hospital nurse, asking if we knew Harry and if we could come down to the hospital.

They claimed that Zayn wasn't stable enough to answer their questions, or to be talked to.

Liam was concerned, but I was angry.

Very angry.

I wanted to know what happened to my best mate, and why the hell Zayn didn't do anything.

It was probably his fault.

"Hey!" I snapped at him as I approached, reaching down and pulling him to his feet, forcing him to look at me.

"What did you do?" I growled, glaring at him.

"Nothing." He said quietly, a dull look in his eyes. "I didn't do anything." He mumbled.

"What the bloody hell is wrong with you?" I yelled, shaking him, wondering if he was drunk, or if he'd taken drugs.

"Louis let him go!" Liam barked at me, separating us.

"Zayn, here, sit back down." Liam said, helping him.

Zayn stared off into space, letting Liam sit him back down.

"What happened, mate?" Liam asked softly, sitting beside him.

I folded my arms, staring at Zayn.

He didn't speak for a while, and slowly began to shake his head.

"It's my fault." Zayn said, looking at his lap.

"What'd you do to him now?" I asked bitterly.

"I didn't...." He trailed off, swallowing.

I scoffed, shaking my head and ignoring the look Liam gave me.

"I didn't do anything." Zayn repeated.

"You're such a liar. Always have been." I spat.

"I didn't do anything!" Zayn suddenly screamed at me, on his feet now.

"That's the point you prick, I didn't do anything!" He continued.

"You never have you bastard!" I yelled, glaring at him.

In seconds, he slammed me back against the wall and raised his fist.

I grabbed his arm to stop him, shoving him away from me. "Keep your hands off of me." I warned.

"Louis, go and get some coffee or something, yeah?" Liam asked angrily, holding Zayn until he calmed down.

"No, I want to see Harry. I want to know what happened." I said, looking at Zayn.

"The store was robbed, he was shot." Zayn said, avoiding my eyes.

He pulled out of Liam's arms, not bothering to look at either of us. "He was shot in his chest, I don't know if he's still alive they took him away from me. There's so much I could've done..but I didn't." He said, folding his arms around himself and focusing on the floor.

"If I hadn't been so lazy, and hadn't left him to show that man a CD, things would be different. If I hadn't left him out there he would be fine." Zayn continued quietly.

"It's my fault...I treat him so terribly. I hardly show him what he means to me. I was too busy avoiding work, or being jealous, or complaining, or asking him to do things for me instead of the other way around."