Thirty

~A few weeks later~
-Harry-
"Is everything ready?" I asked, feeling like we were forgetting something.

"Yes, Harry." Zayn droned from where he was sprawled out across our bed.

"We've got our suits hung up, the gifts are on the kitchen table, the alarm is set, it's time for rest." He sighed.

Louis and Liam decided there was no need to wait to get married, and came over last week to give us our invitations.

It was their wedding tomorrow, yet I was the one who was nervous.

Louis was my best mate, I'd known him for ages, and he was getting married tomorrow.

I knew it had nothing to do with me, but it was a lot to take in. I was Louis' best man, and of course had to give a speech.

"Where's my speech?" I asked, patting my pockets.

"It's on the night table. Just come lay with me babe." He said, looking at me with those big eyes.

I smiled, walking over laying beside him, chuckling as he moved over and got on top of me.

"Did you read my speech?" I asked as he kissed my neck.

"Mhmm, s'nice." Zayn mumbled, nibbling at my skin.

"You know, I'm really happy for Louis and Liam. Back when I first met Louis I figured we'd end up together." I spoke honestly, playing with his hair.

Now I knew that Liam and Louis were perfect for each other because they were complete opposites.

I'm sure their relationship would never get boring.

"Why?" Zayn scoffed, pausing and leaning back to look at me.

I shrugged, watching my hand as I played with one of the buttons on his shirt.

"We had a lot in common, and I sort of had a crush on him."

"Then I had a crush on you." I smiled up at him.

He smiled a little. "Had?"

"I guess I still do." I grinned.

"Why?" He asked.

"Why not?" I queried, looking at his lips.

"Especially after the way you were when I was healing. You treated me like...I meant the world to you." I smiled.

Zayn smiled back at me, playing with my curls after brushing them away from my face.

"I guess I should get shot more often." I smirked.

"What d'you mean?" He frowned.

"So you'll treat me like that again. It was really nice." I admitted.

"Don't I always treat you like that?" He asked.

"Well...back when I was sick you sort of did. And after I was shot you really did." I said.

"What about the in between?" Zayn asked, watching me.

I shrugged, looking away.

"What am I doing wrong now, Harry?" He scoffed with a slight chuckle.

"Nothing, it's nothing. Just kiss me." I said, pulling him down to me and bringing his lips to mine.

"No, tell me what I'm doing wrong." Zayn said, pulling away and getting off of me.

"You're not doing anything wrong now....I just...don't understand why whenever I'm sick or hurt, you change. But....after that you...well things get...less affectionate between us. You get less affectionate sometimes." I tried to explain.