Eight

~Two weeks, Monday~
-Zayn-
Shortly after the night Harry and I had, things somehow went back to normal. We acted as mates, and things at work were comfortable.

In a way, they almost seemed better than before, which do confused me.

Niall began to visit the store more often, almost every chance he got when he wasn't working.

I still talked to Liam on occasion, but he always seemed to be distracted. He liked to talk about Louis a lot, and I could tell by the way he acted that he fancied the bloke.

I didn't understand how or why he did, but I definitely didn't question it.

"What're you drawing?" Luke asked, bringing me away from my thoughts.

"Nothing." I said, realising my casual scribbles had turned into Harry.

"Hey Harry look, it's you." He chuckled, pointing.

Before I could close my sketchbook, Harry glanced over at the drawing. He looked at me with an amused smile.

"It's lovely. I'll pose next time." He smirked.

I bit my lip, closing my sketchbook and setting it aside.

"Harry, I wanted to ask something." Luke said, swinging his feet. He'd been sitting on the counter, watching Harry work and me not work since he arrived from school.

"Yeah?" Harry replied, looking at him.

"Um, you trust me, right?" Luke asked.

"I'd like to," Harry said, turning to face him. "But I dunno."

"Well, you can trust me. I promise, I'll be good." Luke assured him.

"What is it you want?" Harry chuckled.

Luke nibbled at his lower lip, shrugging a bit and looking at his lap. "Just to go to a little get together Friday night." He mumbled.

"A little get together? That's code for a party, yeah?" Harry asked, giving him a stern look.

"Okay, yes, but it's nothing massive, there won't be anything dangerous there. Just some mates getting together and having fun." Luke said quickly, almost whining.

"Can I go? I'll be back by midnight." He asked, hopping down off the counter.

"You've got it all figured out, don't you?" Harry scoffed.

"Harry please?" Luke begged, stepping closer and giving him a pleading baby blue eyed stare.

"D'you really think I'm going to set you loose at a party after what happened when you claimed you were only hanging out with a mate? I'm not stupid." Harry said to him.

"But I promise I'll be back on time, and I'll be completely sober and I won't do anything with anyone. I just want to spend time with my friends, Harry." Luke said, like he had never gotten to spend time with his mates before.

"Luke, no. I'm responsible for you, and on Friday night you'll be nowhere else but in the flat, safe and sound." Harry said.

"But that's not fair, just one night!" Luke protested, a blush of frustration appearing on his cheeks.

"I've already said no." Harry replied calmly.

"You're just like my parents!" Luke spat, a side of him coming out that I'd never seen before.

"Oh, I am? I'm letting you stay with me, I'm taking care of you and putting up with all of your nonsense! If it weren't for your parents doing the exact opposite of what I'm doing, you wouldn't be here!" Harry snapped at him.