Chapter Two: Odd Feeling (Yoriichi Type Zero)

Tanjiro notice the argument was getting out of hand, it was going bad, he knows he shouldn't be watching them but knows he'll have to intervene eventually

Kotetsu POV

I knew that going against this seaweed head I pretty much was asking for it and I didn't know how painful it was gonna be so I was just waiting for it, but what I did not expect was the intense awkward silence between us we didn't say anything or do anything in 2 minutes and for me that's long, why isn't he doing anything...he's just staring at me...I guess it gave me time to think, he just wants to practice on the doll, his way of approaching people was strange maybe that's why I was so off towards him, I sigh and considering I don't want this silence to continue I finally decided what to do. "Listen I-"

"Heyy what's going on!?" A boy in the green checkered Kimono appeared through the bushes "huh what the-" I didn't realized I let my guard down as the seaweed like boy attempted to snatch the key from my hands, man I didn't know he can be slick even with that emotionless like face.

"Don't you dare touch him, what were you gonna do to that kid, hands off!!" The green checkered boy yelled as he angrily grab the seaweed boy by the wrist "your voice is far to annoying, who are you?" The Mint hair boy said with no emotion or pain whatsoever ever. "Let Go" was the last thing he said and that got me the chills. I was shocked when he elbowed him and later try to see what was in the box that burgundy boy was carrying, it was out of my curiosity but clearly it was important to him since he slap that boys hand then hissed at him to not touch it, then he immediately checked on me if I was ok, as much as I appreciate it I did not want to look as weak just by letting him coddle me. "Look I'm fine just leave me alone, I am overwhelmed enough as it is!" Then I start thinking back at the key and the doll. "I just can't hand over the key just like that whether I'm tortured or not, the reason is cus I worried the doll will break soon..."

Muichirou POV

It was pretty obvious that mask kid didn't understand the reality of what we go through that it's even painful for adults so it be impossible for him to understand, but for some reason a part of me didn't want to call him useless, but I need to still give him a reality check that I hope he will understand. "Listen I'm not saying this as if you mean nothing and I'm saying this and it's not me picking on you, even if that doll breaks you should be able to fix it or make another one, while you guys work would appear gruesome to you, It's like pretty much building your fruit stand. Here's a question, do you know how many people have died cus of the demons?" He appeared utterly shocked to what Im saying to him, so I'm hoping that means it's working. "During times like these it is never a good idea to be in a way of a demon slayer and a
Piller, cus our times are extremely important and crucial, I know you'll understand eventually, you just have to think a little." Finishing off my statement. "The harsh truth is Swordsmiths cannot fight, they cannot save lives, the only thing they can do is make weapons for us to save life's, that's all they are good for, and so far you have came a long way, but it's still not enough." After I finished my sentence I held my hand up. "Come on, hand me the key, understand your place, your not a baby anymore I think you deserve to hear that from me."

I left that masked boy speechless like he had no words, he must be thinking deep which that's ok I guess, then the burgundy boy slapped my hand away. "NONE OF THIS SITS RIGHT WITH ME AT ALL, I MIGHT NOT UNDERSTAND WHY BUT YOU GOT ME AGGRAVATED, WHAT YOU SAID ITS SOUNDED LIKE YOU HAD NO CONSIDERATION WHATSOEVER, YOU CANT FORGET TO BE CONSIDERATE HERE, THATS JUST STRAIGHT UP CRUEL!!" The burgundy boy yelled. "Am I cruel?" I asked. Yes...no..maybe..LOOK everything you said is more or less true, so even though you are not wrong...SWORDSMITHS HAVE VERY IMPORTANT AND CRUCIAL JOB, THEY POSSESS BY FAR AMAZING SKILLS THAT ARE DIFFERENT FROM SWORDSMEN...Cus obviously if they don't forge swords for us we can't fight or do anything!