Chapter Seven: Settlement

3rd POV

The memories of Muichirou's Twin and father, along with Kotetsu risking himself and saved his life was a major impact towards him, from that moment there was a change. Muichirou never thought he be holding on Kotetsu tightly while still able to move a slight bit, but he knows he might not suited to fight further, but still needed to get to Tanjiro and help him in some way, with the help of kotetsu, koto and hans muichirou was able to limb his way to find tanjiro who is currently in a terrible crises, muichirou with all his might lend Tanjiro an unfinished Nichirin Sword that is retrieved from Type Zero, granting Tanjiro the ability to defeat him and capable to finish what they started, and as the dust settles with the two upper moons defeated and with nezuko conquering the sun, they were save for now, Tanjiro and Muichiro thank each other, Muichiro for the sword and Tanjiro for helping him regain his memories. Mitsuri Kanroji later pulls them all into a group hug. The village underwent a swift relocation to a new hidden location. The Demon Slayer Corps had strategically prepared multiple vacant villages for such circumstances, allowing for a rapid relocation in case of emergencies. With the looming threat of further demon attacks at nightfall, there was little time for mourning the losses. Despite the assault by two Upper Moons, the village sustained minimal damage.

Muichirou POV

After the events of the battles we went through at the Swordsmith Village, I was aware that Goto informed Tanjiro that both me and Mitsuri slept for two days after the incident and we were back at full power by the third. Then out of nowhere An emergency pillar meeting is held in the Ubuyashiki Estate, which I of course participated with my fellow Hashira. When Iguro asks me how me and Kanroji are doing, I truthfully stated that I'm still not back to my full strength yet. Amane Ubuyashiki appears, which I didn't expect but it was cus she was taking our masters place, we all bow respectfully to her since she's the masters wife.

Amane mentions the presence of marks appearing on both Kanroji and myself during our battles against the two upper moons and asks about how we gained the marks and what condition we put ourselves in to obtain them. All of us seem to be surprised by her inquiry, not knowing anything of what she is talking about. Mitsuri first explains her experience in battle with a large use of silly words and effects that leave me and the others speechless, however suprising from me I giggled a bit and everyone noticed, I kept my usually composure. After Mitsuri apologizes for her overexcitement, I told everyone that I wasn't even aware of any marks. But I realized that, looking back on the previous battle, I had become aware of several things that were different and that if those conditions are filled, maybe everyone could get the same marks.

I went with what I remembered first, beginning by telling everyone of how I could not move from the poison in my battle against Gyokko, and I used breaths to slow down and delay the poison from circulating through his bloodstream. I did recall how Kotetsu had nearly lost his life trying to save me and that my memories of the past came back to him in that moment, but then the thought of...Kotetsu got my face in a shade of pink, Mitsuri looked like she was gonna squeal, as a love hashira she can easily tell how we feel and that it could be a sign of...love, is that what I feel towards Kotetsu? I shrugged it off and continue explaining, the moment I had become so angry that I had lost complete control over my emotions, and I think that my heart went over 200 bpm and that my body was inhumanly hot. I stated what I believe and that my body temperature was over 39 degrees. Shinobu Kocho affirms that that condition would most definitely be life-threatening, and I agree that the fact is exactly why I think it can be used as a screening test. I presume that the difference between those who do have the mark and those who don't is the question or will you die, or will you not.

Amane asks about what I said about my heartbeat and my body temperature. I acknowledge that when Shinobu was treating me, I guess I apparently had a fever of 39 degrees. I also guess that my body temperature was the same then as when the mark appeared.All of the Hashira discuss the topic with Amane a bit more before the meeting is dismissed. When Giyu Tomioka tries to leave while the other Hashira try to stay and talk a bit more and when Sanemi Shinazugawa almost starts a fight with him, My thoughts went back to Kotetsu, I wish I would of had the time to bid him farewell before I had to rest for two days, he was the reason why I'm alive and that some of my memories returned...I miss him....Himejima then loudly claps his hands, surprising and shaking me and everyone else in the room. Later on I was given a simple mission that anyone can do and then I have a few days for myself, I don't want to consider the thoughts of Kotetsu as if it's a nuisance but I need something to keep my mind in ease, somehow I became more expressional after the village incident.

Kotetsu POV

A few days went by since our village nearly got destroyed, me and koto were out getting food somewhere that wasn't destroyed like the red light district for example, I knew that was Tanjiro and another powerful demon before the other two came to our village. While I guess I was enjoying being a kid for a bit, I still couldn't stop thinking about muichirou, I couldn't bid him farewell since he was injured and slept through two days. I was happy I have koto to talk to, he knew I had a strange feeling towards the one that saved our life's, and there was no denying it after koto gave me his response...I grew a fond to a hashira, never thought someone in this age could go through something like this, I really wish I could've spend more time with him, even when demons would exist or not I don't know if I'll be this close to him, he's levels higher than me both skills, strengths and age, and I'm still in the bottom, yeah I risk myself and matured a bit but that still wasn't enough, I was given enough courage to myself that I might plan on doing more than what I'm doing now, I want to evolve, get stronger and enhanced my skills to assist even it dire battle feels, as long as I'm alive as well as muichirou all I want to do now is yo be there for him and protect him like I did with Yoriichi type zero and how muichirou did for me...

Maybe be more than friends...

TO BE CONTINUED