Chapter Seven

I smile at my phone as an edit of Walker and I plays on my screen. He's so cute.

"Amara!" My mom calls. It's my brother's birthday today. He's turning 17 and we're going to a fucking trampoline park. He's so immature, I swear to god. But I love trampoline parks so I have no problem with spending the day there.

"Coming!" I shout, making my way to the first floor. Walker's coming, too. He's gonna meet us there. I'm so excited! My mom puts her glass in the sink and my brother comes down the stairs. "Fit check," I grin. Aidan spins around, showing off his outfit. "Gay," I say, taking an orange from a bowl on the counter. "Fuck you!"

"Aidan!" My mother shouts. "Sorry, sorry!" He says quickly. "Don't curse at your sister." She scolds. Aidan nods and goes into the foyer to put his shoes on. I follow him and slip on my white sneakers. "Happy birthday," I giggle. He rolls his eyes, "Shut up,"

Aidan and I follow our dad to the car. I get into the backseat after my brother and put on my belt. My dad turns on the radio as we wait for my mom.

"If you be the cash, I'll be the rubber band. You can be the match, I will be a fuse. Boom!" Aidan and I sing.

My mom finally joins us in the car and my dad pulls out of the driveway. "You guys excited?" She asks. "Yes!" I squeal. "Only cause she gets to see Walker," Aidan smirks. "Shush. It was your idea to invite him." I roll my eyes. He nods, "I know. I'm so smart."

TIME SKIP,

My dad parks in front of the building and we all get out of the car. "It's big," I say. I thought it'd be way smaller. "That's what she said." Aidan grins, walking behind me.

We all make our way into the park and set our stuff in a room. This is super weird. We never do anything like this for our birthdays but Aidan insisted that we do exactly what he wants. My mom sets a bowl of chocolate chip cookies on the table. Aidan always has cookies instead of cake or cupcakes. He doesn't like frosting apparently. I think he's mentally unstable.

"Bruh, they have those smacky things with the foam pit!" Aidan exclaims, pointing at an enclosed area. "What?" I laugh. "Like the things on tiktok. Come on. I wanna hit you with one." He says, dragging me over to a padded beam.

We both climb on and one of the workers gives us these foam log-looking things. "Okay, ready?" Aidan starts. I cut him off, smacking him. "Jesus, Amara!" He shouts, falling backward off the beam. "My bad," I laugh. He gets back on the beam and hits me back. I don't fall, though. Bro has no balance. "Die," I smile, hitting him. He hits me back and we go back and forth for like 20 minutes.

"Oh, Walker's here," Aidan says, taking a sip of Gatorade. I gasp, "Really!?" He nods, pointing at the boy. I run over to our table, basically slamming into him. He laughs, embracing the hug. "I missed you so much!" I smile, emphasizing the 'so.' "I missed you so much!" He says, matching my energy.

"Hey," Leena grins, patting the top of my head. I give her a quick hug before pulling Walker over to the trampoline. "Your hair looks pretty," He says. I smile at the compliment, "Thank you!"

We jump around for a bit until Aidan, Leena, and Tanner join us. "Stop!" I yell, running from my brother. He keeps bouncing super hard next to me and I'm gonna like break my legs. I run into Walker and he hugs my waist. "Save me," I beg. "Nah, you're fine." He laughs, pushing me towards my brother. "Walker!" I scream as Aidan picks me up. "Aidan, actually stop!" I plead. He drops me and I literally go flying.

"I hate you," I huff, getting up. "You okay?" Walker asks, jumping over to me. "No," I roll my eyes. "I'm sorry," He laughs, wrapping his arms around me. "Mom said we can have cookies now!" Aidan announces. "Okay, just a second," I tell him. Leena nods, following Aidan and Tanner to our table. "You're so mean," I giggle, pushing him away from me. He pushes me back, making me fall. "Oh, sorry!" He apologizes, trying not to laugh. I trip him and he falls almost on top of me. "Mars!" He exclaims, sitting up. "Karma," I roll my eyes.