Chapter Eight

"I'm going to Starbucks with Walker," I tell my mom as I walk passed her. "Right now?" She asks. I nod, putting on my shoes. "Did you clean your room?" "Yep," I say, straightening my pink floral sun dress. "Okay. Don't be too long." She smiles. "Okay,"

I close the door behind me before walking down my front steps. I can't believe Walker asked me to be his girlfriend. Well, like I can believe it...but like omg. "Excuse me? Can I get a picture?" A girl asks, running up to me. She's like an inch shorter than me and has on cute embroidered shorts with a white crop top. "Sure! Your jeans are so cool," I tell her. "Thank you! You're so pretty!" She beams, pulling her phone out of her back pocket.

We take a few photos and she quickly posts them on Instagram. "Do you live in this neighborhood?" I question. "Yes! I just moved in down the street," She says, pointing at a big blue house. "Oh, cool! I live right down that street. Like the first house." I tell her, motioning towards a corner road. "Seriously? That's awesome," She says excitedly. I nod and glance at the time on my phone. "Would you maybe want to hang out sometime?" She asks. "Yeah, that'd be cool. What's your number?"

I hand her my phone and she puts her contact in. "Alright, I have to go...I'm meeting someone at Starbucks. I'll text you later, though!" I smile.

She seems nice. I look at her contact on my phone. Her name's Delaney. That's so pretty, what the heck?

TIME SKIP,

I walk into Starbucks through the two double doors being propped open by some big ass rocks. Walker's sitting at a table surrounded by a bunch of kids- mostly girls- taking photos of him. I make my way over to his table and sit across from him. "Okay, it's one thing to take photos with him...but just taking photos of him is kinda weird," I tell the group. They immediately put their phones away, glaring at me.

"Thanks," Walker chuckles as they all walk away. "No problem," I smile, "Have you been here long?" "Nah, I just got here a few minutes ago," He shrugs. I nod, "I'm gonna go order. What do you want?" "Uhm...just a chocolate chip muffin and water." He says. "Okay,"

I step up to the register and place our orders. One chocolate chip muffin with water, and a grande caramel ribbon crunch Frappuccino with a bagel. I wait at the counter for a couple of minutes while the guy prepares our order.

"Here you go," He smiles, handing me 2 brown bags and drinks. I carefully take it to our table and set everything down. Walker grabs a bag and looks inside it before sliding it over to me and taking the other. I take a sip of my drink and unwrap my bagel. "That's a lot of sugar at 11 in the morning," Walker laughs. "But it's so good!" I tell him, handing him my drink. He takes a sip and quickly hands it back to me.

"That is so sweet, how do you drink all of that!?" He questions, biting into his muffin. I shrug and take a sip. "When are you starting filming for that show? What's it called?" He asks. "Nancy Drew. I start in like 2 weeks...I gotta fly out to Maine." I tell him.

I'm super excited, don't get me wrong. But I don't wanna leave right when things are just starting to get good. "Oh, damn. How long you gonna be gone?" "Like, 2 months." I sigh. He takes a sip of his water, nodding. "That'll be good, though. You're going to be great," He assures me. "Thanks. I hope so," I smile.

We continue talking for a while until my mom texts me to come home. Walker and I say our goodbyes before taking off toward our houses.

TIME SKIP,

"Are you done packing?" My dad asks, stepping into my room. "Almost," I tell him, shoving a pair of sweatpants into my suitcase. We're spending the weekend at my Aunts house so my parents can have their anniversary to themselves. I don't see Ashley that often, so it'll be nice to spend time with her.