Chapter Nineteen

Instagram
• amaraarnett

Instagram• amaraarnett

Liked by zendaya and 1

Liked by zendaya and 1.5m others

amaraarnett the little mermaid premiere 🧜‍♀️🐟 @emaline_morales

comments disabled

I stare at my shoes, zoning out while Emaline rambles about how much she liked the movie. "Shit, there's Walker." She mutters. I quickly look up. He's talking to a few people by the theater entrance. "You know what...we shouldn't even call him Walker. That name is too good. He needs a new one." She says. I give her a confused look, "What?" "Walmart Scooter. That's what were calling him now." She nods. "What the fuck??" I laugh. "It's perfect. Amazing. Arguably my best work." She grins.

Walker and I make eye contact for like half a second before we both immediately look away. "Is he coming over?" I ask, staring down at the floor. "Yeah," She rolls her eyes.

"Hey, Amara." He says softly, "I really need to talk to you." "We already talked." He shakes his head, "Please." "Fine," I sigh, following him to a corner. "I know you won't forgive me, and I wouldn't forgive me either...but I need you to understand how sorry I am. I never meant to hurt you, I swear. I wasn't thinking...and that's a horrible excuse, I know. But please don't hate me."

I swallow hard, "I don't hate you, Walker. You made a mistake...thats it. What's done is done and there's not really anything you can do to change that." He nods. "It's okay, Walker. I forgive you."

TIME SKIP,

"What happened??" Emaline questions as we sit on the edge of my bed. "I forgave him." I shrug. "You forgave him!?" She exclaims, "He cheated on you, Mars...and you're just over that already?" "I wouldn't say i'm 'over it.' We're kids, though. It's not that deep." I tell her. She shakes her head, "No, no. It is that deep."

"Whatever. I'm tired...I'm going to sleep." I say, getting in bed. She gets in next to me and we lay with our backs to each other.