Chapter Thirteen

"Do you think we'll have time to talk?" Walker asks, resting his head in my lap. I play with a few pieces of his hair, "I'm just filming. It's not like I'm going to war. I'm probably gonna call you like every night." "Okay," He smiles. "It's only two months." I tell him. "Yea, but that's like a long time." He sighs. "It's not...it'll go by fast, trust me."

I've been at Walker's house for a couple hours. We've just been hanging out in his room. He's pretty disappointed that i'm leaving...I mean, so am I. I'll be back in a few weeks, though and then everything will go back to normal.

iMessage

Emaline

where are you??

walkers house
why

AMARA
YOU HAVE TO BE ON A PLANE IN LESS THAN 24 HOURS

yea..

IM NOT GONNA SEE U FOR LIKE 60 DAYS

its not that long 😭

thats like 1460 hours
im going to die.

awh 😔

stfu
i need to see you

mommy? 🤭🫣

GET YOUR ASS OVER HERE

okay okayy

I put my phone down and stare at Walker. "What?" He questions, sitting up. "Come on," I say, grabbing his hand. I pull him down the stairs and meet his mom in the foyer. "Can we walk over to my friend's house? She really wants to see me before I leave." I tell her. His mom nods, "Sure, that's fine. Walker, text me when you get there." "Okay. Bye, mom."

We walk down the street to Emaline's  neighborhood until we reach her house. I knock on the screen door and she immediately opens it, rushing me and Walker inside. "Jesus, chill out Em," I laugh, "You having a cult meeting in here or something?" "How'd you know??" She gasps, jokingly putting her hands over her mouth. Walker rolls his eyes, laughing a bit.

"When are you leaving again?" Emaline asks. "9 am." I tell her. Walker and her both sigh. I giggle at their identical reactions. "We should do something fun before I have to go," I suggest. "Like what?" Walker asks. "You wanna do something fun? You wanna go to Taco Bell!?" Emaline squeals. "Shush. Lets go to a rated R movie." I grin. "We can't without our parents," Walker says.

Emaline rolls her eyes, "Are you dumb? We're gonna sneak in." "Oh," Walker says blankly. "So, do you want to?" I ask. "Yes," Walker grins. "You look very excited," I giggle. Walker nods, "I am. I've never snuck in anywhere before."

TIME SKIP,

We walked to the theater. That was a horrible idea. It took like 8 hours...not really but like it took a long time. "Okay, let's just walk in like we're going to the bathroom." Emaline says, catching her breath. Walker and I nod before following her to a screen room. "Here's one," Emaline whispers. "Dude, Walker's gonna have nightmares." I joke. "No!?" Walker argues. "I'm kidding. Let's go."

Of course the first R movie we come across is a horror movie. Evil dead rise. I'm going to have nightmares. I take a seat between Emaline and Walker as people start coming in. "You already scared?" Emaline chuckles. "No?"