Chapter Five

To People You Don't
Chapter Five
Released
|3rd PERSON POV|

Benjamin Alden stirred awake and saw his daughter setting at his feet with his legs draped over her thighs

Melaine Alden was nervous.

The sheriff had gone to her home to check the drawer of her bathroom where she said she had left the test she took.

He hadn't returned yet but he did send a paramedic in to check on Benji.

The man didn't have a concussion so the paramedic left his daughter with the girl.

The sheriff told his deputies not to put the girl in holding and let her set with her father.

Ben looked at his daughter before remembering what his daughter had said before he conked out.

He sat up quickly looking at his daughter with a bewildered look on his face.

"Melaine" he hissed. "What the hell?"

"I'm sorry dad" she whispers to the man. "I swear we've been safe" she explains. "Birth control and condoms."

"How does that even work? It can't be possible to get pregnant using both" Benji shouts.

"Well" Lainey trails of staring at her dad. "Apparently fewer than one in one hundred women get pregnant while using both."

Benjis mouth falls agape as the sheriff walks back into the room.

"Well I found it" the sheriff explains. "I didn't touch it. It's still in the same exact spot. And we're releasing you after some paper work."

"Can you keep your ever most discretion with this sheriff?" Ben questions standing up from the couch that sat in the break room they were in.

"I can't promise that Benjamin" the sheriff explains.

"The maybe pregnancy" Melaine clears up.

"That I can keep under raps." The sheriff says handing Benji some papers.

•••

As Melaine and Benjamin Alden walked into the house Cindy Alden rushed towards her daughter pulling the girl into a hug.

"You're okay" Cindy breaths out.

"We all need to talk" Benjamin says making the brunette pull away from her daughter.

•••

Melaine Alden had went to her room to retrieve the test that set in her drawer.

It was around three in the morning and none of the three people who sat at the table wanted to be here.

"You're what?!" Cindy Alden exclaims.