Chapter Seven

To People You Don't
Chapter Seven
That You're Pregnant?
|3RD PERSON POV|

Melaine and Cindy Alden had eventually stopped crying so Cindy could braid Melanie's hair and then the younger brunette could do her makeup

Cindy Alden knew no matter what happened Melaine was going to be fine.

She was a fighter. Just like her mother.

Stu Macher had walked to the front door and knocked waiting for someone to answer.

The door swung open and of course his hopes and prayers were denied.

Benjamin Alden had opened the door.

"Hi Ben" Stu says smiling at the man hoping for some form of a hello.

Benji nods at Stu making the young boys mouth fall open.

The man moves to the side to let the boy in.

He figured why not try and get along with the boy considering he knocked up Melaine.

"In case I don't see you tomorrow Happy Birthday" Ben says pushing the door closed.

"Thank you" Stu mutters still in shock.

Ben had always been standoffish with Stu considering he thought Stu was just a boyfriend she would get rid of eventually.

"You're more than welcome to be apart of Lainey's celebration tomorrow if you would like." Cindy says walking down the stairs with a laundry basket in hand.

Everyone could tell she had been crying because her eyes were puffy but no one said anything.

Benji hadn't had the chance to notice it because she had been up there with Laine the whole time.

"It's nothing big"  Cin begins, placing the basket down on floor beside the living room entrance. "Just us and I'm sure Lainey invited you."

"Ummm" Stu gets cut off.

Lainey had indeed invited him.

He was planning to make an excuse about his parents being in town but Cindy knew that.

And she knew they weren't going to be in town until late Sunday and his and Lainey's birthday was Saturday.

"And don't tell me you're parents are planning something" Cindy demands. "I know they're gone until Sunday."

"Did Lainey tell you?" He questions with a hidden tint of sadness on his face.

Although he always wore a subtle smile people like Lainey and Billy knew that it was a show.

He was always devastated his parents were never home.

"No" Cindy states. "I work at the salon your mother goes to."