Episode 06: Waiting for Love at Home (PART 2/2)

"Your appearance is like someone who just got run over by a truck. What the hell did you do? You look like a mess."

The owner sighed heavily, glancing at another person who had been waiting for him for two hours. The young man shrugged, avoiding getting involved in personal matters. In truth, Thoop didn't want to come here if it weren't for the complicated relationship with P'Cher.

"What time did you go to bed last night?"

"At two."

"Good." The person sighed deeply to show that they weren't upset. He had grown up, but P'Cher probably didn't care about that. Moreover, P'Cher looked at him expectantly, not much different from the first time.

"At five."

"What were you doing until then? You knew you had an appointment today, didn't you?"

"It's a meeting that I wanted to have with you alone. I was so tired and about to die, but I had to wake up and sit here listening to you complain about something, I don't even know," the young man said with a hint of accusation in his gaze.

"I don't want to talk about many things, Thoop. It's true that I talk a lot, but I can tell you that when it comes to your matters, I want to talk as little as possible. But we have to meet at least once a month. You know that," Cher replied.

"Hmm," Thoop understood this story better than another failed lesson, but meeting Cher was not something he wanted to do immediately upon waking up.

"Why are you annoyed?"

"Do you think I will understand if you don't talk?"

"I don't want you to understand, but I just want you to shut up," in the eyes of others, Cher was a sharp-edged kid who didn't know how to grow up. But that wasn't the case with this annoying kid who made the world boring every time he saw him.

"You act like you're begging. You act like you're a poor child. But you probably don't understand. In your house, you have enough money for food and other expenses."

"I never do that, Thoop. Don't play the drama. If you can't sleep, order some food to eat and then go back to the dorm. Sleep." Cher leaned back in the chair, exhaling with a frustrated expression, contrasting with what the other person showed. Cher had to be more patient every time, it seemed. "Just meet and talk. Like we used to when we were in Udon--"

"It's not the same as before, and you know it."

"Because we've grown up more than before. 'Like we used to do' means I want us to meet sometimes, not to be distant like someone who has to meet out of necessity."

"Yeah, I have to meet you because no one at home cares whether I exist or die. No one sends me money. When I'm sick, no one cares. And you, wearing the hero's role, riding a white horse, give me money to show that my incantation works."

"Did I intend to be like this ? Wait, I'll slap you hard. You've hurt my Mom's feelings and took me for granted. Where is this acceptable, you little brat?" Laem's face turned red, raising his hand as if to strike, but he never actually laid a hand on him. Every time he saw that face, his heart softened.

The younger one's face seemed to contort with the agony of impending death, so he took a deep breath, puffed his cheeks, and tried to stay calm so that the other side could feel that he was more mature than he thought. Even though it was difficult, at least Laem wanted that brat to see that he could rely on him.

"Thoop" is an old friend with whom I used to be close during high school. He was a younger brother of a girl whom I didn't want to talk about. When we were kids that brat followed me around even more than his own older sister. I tutored him certain subjects and he played the same type of musical instruments that I liked. But change always happens with kids entering their rebellious phase, and it wouldn't be fair to blame only him if the environment didn't pressurize someone enough to change from being in the forefront to being in the background.