Episode 09: Changes Between Us (PART 2/2)

You are sending a message to...

'Creditor' 

[can I come in]

While others were enjoying the party, Laem sat in front of the office door. He was the owner of a homeless company, unaware of what he would talk about once he entered. He just felt the desire to see the other person's face and talk about something to confirm to himself that the dramatic events last night didn't shake their relationship to the point of tension between them.

Instead of responding to the message with a formal "Yes, please come in," the boss opened the door and went out to meet him, smiling in a way that the onlookers didn't understand. Laem noticed the swirling hair and peculiar attire of the homeless owner.

"I also saw the boss talking to the employees." Gun tried to suppress his smile, looking at the pair of eyes that sometimes stared back and sometimes turned away. This morning, he had experienced a lot of changes, including the soft, tender eyes of a mischievous child.

"So, are we going to talk here?"

The boss raised his eyebrows and extended his hand for a strong grip. The person blocking him would probably not let himself go easily. He had to risk the chance of the princess being pulled up and said that. So, Laem grabbed his hand tightly and exerted a moderate force, enough to stop the big guy but not enough to make him fall.

"Is it you?"

"This face, hahaha."

"If I accidentally hurt you, I'll laugh."

Gun looked at the face, which seemed unafraid of pain. Just a little.

"Laugh then, hahaha. Stop it, haha. Ouch!!! Boss!!!" After a pause, he was unable to finish the sentence and was interrupted by a pinch. Just that. If only mouth, then nose. This time, his cheeks were pinched until they stretched. The faakkk.

"You can come in now. If someone sees, they might mistake me for your wife." Laem restrained his smile, along with the words in front of him. He liked the fact that the boss teased him like he did when he said that the people in the company might misunderstand him like that.

Once inside, Laem found that the boss's chair was still in the same place. It hadn't been moved out for work as it should have been. But as the door closed, the boss walked towards the corner sofa and took a small pillow and a blanket, leaning against the armrest. At that moment, Larm knew that last night must have been the cause, causing some people not to sleep.

"Did I disturb you when you were sleeping, Boss?"

"No, not at all." Gun stood there, rubbing his own neck, as if he was thinking about something. "Do you want to sit here with me?"

"It's okay if the boss wants to continue sleeping."

"I will sleep after you feel comfortable with me." Gun knew he couldn't make someone feel at ease, but he didn't want the young man to worry.

"Do you know what I'm thinking? Just kidding." He teased like that, but when the boss didn't look away as before, and even had a smile on his face, Laem's heart softened and he sat down beside him.

Gungawin might be someone who is difficult to understand, but if you do understand him, then believe that he won't go back to being the same selfish person again. The young man glanced at the person sitting next to him, looking unhappy and familiar like a monkey or a langur. But this time, Gungawin knew that Cher was probably trying to hide the same old atmosphere that had changed.

At least, his perspective and thoughts.

"If you wanted to see me, it probably wasn't just because you missed me. Is there something on your mind? Were you thinking a lot last night?"