P r o l o u g e

"Hey.. You're not gonna leave aren't you?" He stared at me with a pityful look on his face, clutching his fist.

I didn't answer his question, instead I smiled sweetly at him. This might hurt for him because I know that I can not stay in Serbia anymore. My parents has a serious problem to deal with in America and here I just have to follow what they want to happen in my life.

He walked closer to me, keeping the eye contact between us. "Y/n."

I can't make a promise that I won't fulfill in the end. I don't want to hurt him anymore.
"Kosta.."

My smile faded slowly, knowing that I can't stay and will never see him again.

"I can't.. I have to leave with my parents."

"Oh." He clutches his fists harder, like he was getting mad, ready to punch someone. I watched his eyes slowly turn dark and gloomy. The sparkle in his eyes I saw a while ago dissapeared and is now filled with nothing but loneliness.

"I'm sorry." I looked down like a little kid, breaking the eye contact. I pursed my lips and closed my eyes.

"At least I told the truth. I'm really sorry.." There was a moment of silence. I exhaled heavily and thought what to say next when he responds.

"But you'll come back.. Right?"

I opened my eyes and looked at him. He was still staring at me. It looked like he didn't took his eyes from me ever since he saw me when I visited him.

"Uh.."

"Promise me you'll come back."

...

I don't know if I'll ever see you again, but I promise..

I will come back for you.