S i x

Chapter Six : To The Rescue!

I was silent the whole class hours, listening to the subject teachers teaching in front of the class. I did quite understand the lessons and it was pretty easy for me. Everytime the teachers called me to answer something, I easily get the correct answer always which made my classmates amazed. I could notice Kosta, my seatmate staring at me the whole time. Is he mad?

...

"Y/n is really smart.." Kosta thought while staring at y/n from the side of his eye. It was history time right now and it was pretty boring. Kosta didn't listen that much, all he did was stare at his new seatmate listening to the teacher attentively. I tried to ignore him but it really bothers me a lot. Does he want to talk? Then the history teacher unexpectedly called Kosta to answer a question written on the board. He got surprised, he didn't expect the teacher to randomly call him. And he didn't even listen to the lesson which is a big problem for him.

"Kindly stand up Kecmanovic."

All his classmates stared at him and laughed at him silently, I was bewildered by my classmates reactions.
Kosta stood up slowly, his hands were shaking and he was sweating so hard. "So Kecmanovic, answer this question number one on the board. I am sure you can answer this if you listened." The history teacher pointed at the question while staring at Kosta, it was intimidating. I can feel his anxiety rising up since I already experienced what he's experiencing right now.

"So?" Kosta stayed silent. He doesn't know what to do anymore, he can't even move or even say anything. I clutched my fist and decided to help him, I can't stand my seatmate suffering. I pulled his jacket, catching his attention. "It's October 1 1949."

Kosta widens his eyes. "What..?" He returns his eyes to the history teacher and answered what I said to him. The history teacher raised her eyebrows while still staring at him. "Took you long enough." She signalled him to finally sit down. Kosta was relieved, he was glad that he didn't have to stand until the history time ends. Thanks to y/n helping him answer. He never expected something like that to happen. Helping him? That rarely happens to him now.
"Thank you.." He mumbled quietly.

Their classmates was bewildered by y/n. Why did y/n helped him? He wasn't a special kid to receive some help from a stranger. But later on that stranger will become his friend. Maybe?

The history class ended and it was lunch break that time. I open my bag and pull out my lunch box packed in a cute bunny wrapper. Kosta layed his head on his arms on the desk, staring at what I was doing. "How to thank her properly?" Kosta staring at me grabbed my attention. I looked at his eyes directly and he immediately looked away. Kosta was embarrased, he doesn't like eye contacts from girls especially the beautiful ones. He easily gets shy towards them and he could not handle the situation.

But y/n deserves a proper "thank you" so he decided to come out of his comfort zone. "Uhh.. Y/n?"

"Oh yes?"

"About what happened a while ago.. Did you really meant-"

His statement was interrupted by my new classmate calling my name. I looked at the person who called me, she was really beautiful. She wears glasses, has long straight hair and a cute wide smile on her face. "I am Mara! Nice to meet you!"

"Ohh hello Mara!"

"Your lunchbox looks really cute y/n, just like you." She pointed at my lunch box.

"Oh thank you so much!" I smiled, bowing politely at her. She smiled back at me.
"Okay bye I'm gonna eat now, see you later y/n."

...

"What were you gonna tell me Kosta?"

"O-oh.. I just wanna thank you for helping me a while ago." He sat properly, looking in a different direction. He really doesn't like eye contacts, I understand what he was feeling. "It's fine, you should listen to the teacher next time." I smiled at him when he glanced at me. "She's smiling.. At me?" Kosta slightly smiled back while playing with his hair. He got more embarrased.

"So.. do you have food?"

"Oh yeah I do."

"You should eat now Kosta. It will help you be active in class." I placed one sushi to a wrapper and gave it to him. "This is yours." He paused, looking at the sushi I gave him. "She's way too kind."

"Thank you y/n.."

...

A few hours later... The class ended already and y/n went outside the school to wait for Jen and their mom.

A few minutes have passed and finally Jen came out of the school and walked towards me when she saw me.

"Oh hey Jen. How's school?" I greeted her and patted her head three times.

"Good sis, I made a lot of new friends!" She smiled widely showing her teeth.

"Cool, I made two."

"That's fine sis, you're just not used to socializing but you'll get used to it sooner. By the way no one bullied you in the first day of school right?" She looked worried while asking that question. It made me melt on the inside.

"Yeah no.. Everyone was kind."

"Good. Tell me what happened in your classroom sis!" I saw our black car coming from a distance, mom seemed really early this time. "Maybe later when we get home, mom's coming."

"Where?" My sister looked around her sorroundings confusingly which made me chuckle. I pointed at the black car approaching the school and she soon realized that it was our mom. "Ohh yeah! Don't forget that sis okay? Tell me everything about your new friends."

"Yeah of course, we're roomates anyway."

"So that means you can't escape from my questions." She smirked at me in an evil way. I laughed at her reaction and shook my head.

"Yep."