T w e l v e

Chapter 12 : Library 2

I put on my favorite black sweater in my room after I took a five minute warm bath earlier. The temperature in Belgrade got more colder than usual and it's a sign that christmas is near, that is why I decided to wear something hot to fight the freezing air outside. But actually christmas is still far away. It was still march and october is a few months away. I don't know what could be the reason for this humid weather today.

I checked my backpack on the bed laying itself waiting for me to carry it to school. All my school things were already inside there so I finally grab it and put it on my back and went outside. I saw my sister Jen waiting for me downstairs.

"Sis come on mom's waiting for us." She signalled me to come down. I yawned and walked down the stairs. "You should've just waited in the car." She sighed and went outside, not bothering to wait for me anymore after she patiently waited for me to pick my clothes for fifteen minutes. I shrugged my shoulders, placing both my warm hands in the pockets of my jeans and followed her behind sluggishly.

...

We both arrived on school in time and we were almost late but I was a fast runner so I arrived on my classroom before our first period teacher. I sat on my sit like I usually do and greeted Kosta. "Hey morning Kosti."

He looked at me confusingly like it was the first time he saw me. "You're almost late.. You usually go to school earlier than me?"

"Oh something happened." I rethink back what caused of the time to go faster than usual and it was because my sister took a bath for fifteen minutes and it also took me  fifteen and a half minute to choose my clothing. So obviously it was both our faults.

"What happen?" He looks like he was ready to listen to everything I'll let out in my mouth without thinking. I was about to say something when the teacher finally arrived in the classroom. We all stood up and greeted the teacher a great morning and sat back down afterwards. Then the teacher proceed her lesson last friday.

The class was so boring, I didn't even bother to listen to every detail on what our teacher was gonna say but my seatmate Kosta was listening attentively. Is math his favorite subject?

...

The first period ended in an hour and the chatter came back once again while waiting for the second period teacher. Kosta got my attention when he patted my shoulder. I looked at him, hungry for his intention.
"Yes?"

"About what I texted you yesterday y/n.. Can we go to the library at lunch after eating?"

"Hm.. Sure that's a great schedule."

"But are you willing to go to the library every lunch? Because I was planning to study the whole week before the exams."

"Of course, I need to study too for my grades so yeah.. Let's do it."

"Okay good then. Thanks." After his respond, we didn't talk then after that. But that silence we share together were not uncomfortable nor awkward anymore. I can describe it as a comforting silence that I gladly enjoy without communication.

...

Not soon after the class hours, lunch time it was. The very awesome, fun time to ease my hunger and tiredness from listening and answering in class. Teachers sometimes call me to answer orally but good thing all my classmates participates in the class especially Kosta so I didn't get drained too much. Honestly what I can tell, he's actually really smart. He never lied to me when he said he joined a lot of contests because I can already tell that he was also not that kind of person to lie, and he proved it himself which makes him far superior in my eyes.

Which is why I admire him.

...

I was zoning out at lunch time, thinking about what could happen in the library with him. Is he gonna tutor me? Or just some type of question and answer, a typical study technique. I was not even aware that someone was staring at me because of how focused I am mentally.

"You done eating y/n?" Kosta suddenly asked out of the blue which brought me back to consciousness. "Oh yeah."

"Let's go now shall we?" I nodded. I stood up and waited for him to take the lead. He looks at me as if I should be the one to walk first. "Uh.. I don't know where the library is Kosta."

"Ohh right! Okay then follow me."

He walked towards the classroom door and I followed him from behind. We were walking slowly, taking our time to go to the library room. Little by little, we started walking side by side. We were quite the whole time, watching students walk around the hallways, chat with their friends and go inside their rooms. The hallways was really big so there was no problem of anyone bumping into us. I was aware of the sorroundings happening around us but then I felt a touch on my fingers which ruined my mindfulness.

Then suddenly that touch lingered slowly to my palm and then held my hand completely. Those long warm fingers intertwine my fingers and held it really tight like it didn't want me to let go of it. I realized that it was Kosta's hand holding my hand.

W-wait what the.. What is he doing??

His hands were soft and cute. I could feel its warmth and the heat I am feeling right now. Am I dreaming? This seems like an unbelievable paradise that is impossible to explain in just simple essays.

I am currently blushing so hard right now. Students were staring at us and I don't even know why. I can't possibly think what could be in their minds when all I feel in my skin was his lingering touch.

Author/ Writer : Sorry took me so long to make the new chapter!! I've been busy lately with something else so please understand that I may publish the chapters now every other day:))!