T w e n t y O ne

2 ; Chapter 21 : Stressing Event Fought Bravely

There was no hint of a fair weather this week, not even the slightest sky blue shown on the great gloomy heavens. The wind was unbearably chilly that it felt like a forewarning for an upcoming horrendous blizzard. Sorroundings was pale and melancholy and grey massive clouds enveloped the atmosphere.

No matter how the condition of the weather were blatant to have an atrocious rainfall, rain didn't touch the dry lands yet. At this state no suspension was announced in Belgrade.

Y/n who just arrived promptly at Vladislav Ribnikar with her sister Jen was day dreaming the whole day about what happened at the intramurals event last friday. She did not expect such scrupulous achievement that day where she fought against the chess club leader Nate. It was almost a draw but not until the man made a mistake which turned the tables immediately.

And y/n who had strong eyesight in finding a slight bit of mistake took advantage of his humiliating blunder. "Checkmate." She exclaimed. The crowd rejoiced in the absolute win and Nate who grinned at his checkmated king stretched out his hand and offered a handshake sincerely which Y/n deliberately took.

At thay very moment, she sensed a familiar aura piercing right through her existence and she directly found Kosta who was silently admiring her from afar. Her lips naturally curve into a genuine glad smile by just glancing at the boy whom she unknowingly became her best friend.

But the friend does not intend to make the relationship platonic, neither of them. Kosta himself was pondering whether to approach the girl and acknowledge the truth of his endearing feeling. The fear of personal rejection then crept into his mind which he finally decided without no hesitation to callously ignore his feelings.

"There was much I wanna say too to your basketball game Kosti. I overheard that your team won and I wanted to congratulate you personally but you dissapeared out of nowhere and I could not find you." She said grimly. Her seatmate eagerly listened and notice a slight bit of annoyance on her face.

"I'm sorry but I had to go back to our room and take a break, then I went home afterwards because I was just too exhausted.. I apologize Y/n." He said genuinely. His honesty was almost palpable and not one bit of lie was revealed. The latter did not question him anymore and just poured her attention in eating her lunch.

The room is just oddly the same as it was when she first came in this class. Same voices lingered the corners of it, the room tidied perfectly and students often roam around comfortably and sitting on their usual seats. No certain trouble have bothered the entire class since her arrival.

Y/n's manifestation was a grace from God. Everything was peaceful, that's what she hoped for. The good life she wished for everynight. Although one could see the sparkle and blissful emotion brimming in her eyes there is still a subtle sadness hidden in those deep colored pupils of hers. People surely would question why when she already experienced the standard school life she long for. Everything does not stay joyful. There are times after a tide of happiness embraced your life there awaits despair. The only thing she could count for is to be mindful and enjoy the little moments before it all turns to memories to reminisce.

The place that Andrija showed Y/n the first time became their usual hanging spot whenever they were awfully bored. They both listen to CAS music, tell fictional stories and play guitar.

Andrija lets her borrow his guitar for entertainment purposes because he wants to hear her melliflous voice singing with the wind. She would play popular songs that she practiced at her home while in her spare time. Though she had a difficult time strumming the right string but Andrija is always prepared to help her in regards with music.

"I was glad when you won Y/n. I am so proud of you." Andrija said dreamily. "It was a formidable performance I'd say. I can't wait to see you climb up and achieve your dreams."

"Yeah but I should not fuss about my unexpected win but rather focus on my academics. It's just sports you know? Plus I have plenty of opportunities when I'm in the side of acads. Sports is just a hobby of mine and will stay that way."

"Well yeah but you shouldn't miss out on chess career. It's wholesome although it doesn't really help you pay bills in the future, still happiness is all that matters."

"What if my happiness is just to go college and graduate with my desirable course? I'm sure I'd help my family more perhaps rather than spending my time on chess. Although I have to admit, chess does makes me happy."

"It's your choice. I won't force you Y/n. But tell me what do you actually like?"

The boy's curiousity made Y/n's mind ruminate in an ought to find the honest answer for a serious question. But she finds it difficult to think about the very specific thing that was asked.

"I honestly don't know." The clueless girl frankly answered. The enthusiastic boy chuckled at her response. "You have a long way to know about your true self. Just be patient Y/n. Don't rush."

The girl simply nodded, eyeing the beautiful scenery from the rooftop. She could almost see the whole town and it was fascinating. All she could think of at the moment was flying and feeling the air brush through her graceful hair. When she is tired of flying she rests her wings on top of one of the tallest buildings and watch the sun set slowly in a very exquisite way. When the night finally lulls everyone to sleep she will gaze at the dazzling stars at night and fall asleep quietly in the soothing wind of dreams and scenarios.

She was so obliged to find this place and to the person who introduced this wonderful place to her.

Not long after one week it was finally exams day. The quivering Y/n received her test papers and intently look at each questions nervously. Sweat was trickling down her forehead and her deep breaths weren't sufficing her stress. The silence made it more awfully intense in the process and it was gradually driving her insane.

But her studying methods didn't dissapoint her. She memorized everything well and knew what to answer in one glance of the questionaire. She knows she can handle this well. She just had to be really calm.