9.

As I suspected Marwin took it upon herself to introduce me to all the elves from Mirkwood,they are the Uralendan family. There father is Travion Uralendan healer of the woodland elves,the one I met first Fionnbarr is the youngest brother,then there is Othorion, Feladar and his twin Thalein and the oldest brother Kolvar. They all had light blue eyes but Kolvar had jet black hair where the others are blond.

I stood around them for sometime listening to stories about their father and his great healing powers. But he just sounded like one of the healing elf's in Rivendell, nothing like Elrond. Whilst the four brothers stood talking to me,Marwin and Lunna,the fifth brother Kolvar just stood by the wall looking moody. Marwin said it made him attractive,I couldn't see how though. Eventually I got away from the Uralendan brother's,Marwin is trying to chat up Kolvar and Lunna is talking with Fionnbar.

I noticed that Elrond had left sometime ago,no doubt to return to his study to do some more work. So that is where I headed to,it's not that I didn't like the Uralendan brothers it's just they give me this feeling,that they want to be here but also at the same time would rather be anywhere but here. I arrive at Elrond's study but he isn't inside,I walk over to the elf's desk to see what he is doing. Elrond has the book written about the alliance between the elves and the men of Laatharion open and beside it is the book I had handed him earlier also open.

I couldn't make out what is written on the open pages as they are written in elvish that I don't know,plus there upsidedown to where I'm stood. One thing that did catch my attention is the large map that the two books are sat on,the map seemed to contain the layout of Laatharion and the surrounding lands. I walked around the desk to get a proper look at the map,and the door to the study opened and the lord himself walked inside.

"Hello Y/n I didn't except to find you here,I thought you might be still back with your friends and the visitors"Elrond said closing the door behind him and crossing the room to me
"Yeah I'm not so sure about the visitors"I tell him
"Why is that?" Elrond asks
"It's just they seem off to me,like they want to be here but also want to be miles away"I explained
"That certainly is unusual"Elrond said thoughtfully"Maybe they are just anxious to get going again"
"Maybe"I agree, something on the map catches my attention.

At the top of the map is a large castle,one path lead away from the castle and came down towards the main part of Laathrion,a second path lead off to the side of the map where a empty filed is indicated.
"How recent is this map?"I ask
"Within the last six months"Elrond tells me"Why?"
"Where this castle is used to be Raay's home or the masters house as it was known. And over here where the field is...that used to be my home"I say sadly,Elrond moved to get a better look at what I had just told him. It seems to me that Leena wants to make sure there is no trace of me or Raay left behind to taint the town.

"Are you alright Y/n?" Elrond asks looking at me
"Yeah I'm okay"I tell him"I just can't believe that the people of Laathrion,the same ones that claimed to love master Raay so much would allow his home,to be destroyed like that"
"Sometimes it is better to remain silent than to have the rath of the power come down on you"Elrond said
"I guess"I say sighing,after everything that Raay had done for the people of Laathrion,this is how they honour his memory,by destroying the master house. Elrond took the map off his desk and put it to the side, revealing a second map underneath it.

"I used that more recent map for reference to help me to see where the battle took place"Elrond said"It's not much but it's a start"
"What is?"I ask
"All the information regarding the battles that took place is written down,such as when and where the fights took place and who was involved,so if I can work out which battle happened where,I can then begin to look into all the names of the person's involved"Elrond said
"Wow that sounds like a lot of work"I say looking at the elf lord beside me
"Indeed it is,I have to be as precise as I can be with the locations and then I can go threw the lists of all the people present"Elrond said.

"So that is one tiny step closer to finding out who my parents where "I said
"Yes"Elrond said
"Thank you for helping me with this my lord,I know you have much more important things to do"I say
"I'm happy to help you,I'd do anything for you Y/n"Elrond said his hand reaching out and resting against the side of my face. The gentle act causing the heat to rise to my face,his hand is cool against the warmth of my face. Elrond stepped slightly closer to me,his thumb moving slowly across my bottom lip as his blue eyes followed the path his thumb had taken.

Like Lunna had told me would happen next,I got a really strong urge to kiss Elrond in that moment. It just felt right in that moment between us,Elronds kind words and the small intimate act he did afterwards. My stomach is doing summersault's just from his hand touching my cheek. I leaned in towards Elrond as he did the same,all I could think in that moment is kissing him and nothing else.