Chapter 10

(A/N I own the picture that I used in this chapter. I made it myself, not someone else.)

Ugh! Please kill me now!

Please stop complaining. It's always a good thing to remember this information.

I Agree with Alexis.

I stared at the Counselor and Director, processing every bit of information they spoke. Xi floated over my shoulder like all the other A.Is in the room. He glowed a brilliant shade of violet and blue, it's shine reflecting off my white and red armor. His colour perfectly match what fragment he is, comfort.

"Yeah, I gotta question," I hear someone snap, pulling my out of my thoughts. "Why do we need to learn all this stuff?" South asked, almost spat, at our 'teachers'.

"The A.I theory is like vehicle maintenance, South," Carolina started. " If we're going to use this equipment, any equipment, we need to know how to care for it," She explained.

"Oh, yeah. Like a coffee maker or a vacuum cleaner," South pointed out.

I notice Xi looked a little bit offended as well as York's A.I Delta. Theta, North's A.I, sounded a little uncomfortable.

"That was rather rude,"Delta said aloud as Alexia laughed in the back of my head. Lexi had gotten very offended and began to rant.

"Oh, cry me a river, light bulb," South spat at the A.I. They small argument changed from people having A.Is to People not having to take this course, Tex.

Oh, no. He's asking!

The motherfu-

I said don't say those words!

My attention snapped as Sigma, Maine's A.I who had asked about the A.I theory. Particularly the fourth stage where it can be considered human. He and the Counselor went back and forth between each other, but luckily the Director dismissed everyone.

I quickly rushed out of the room, heading straight to my dorm. I needed time alone. Stress of everything has finally laid its weight on my shoulders, and it's not holding back. Anything, at this point, can set off some emotion. Not to mention the others.

Lexi has been more quieter then usual. Alexia had been more, well, active in our head.

This is because we all know what's about to happen; to us and our comrades.

***************

{[Third P.O.V]}

The cries of pain settled into heavy breathing. Doctors in white lab coats stood around in the operation room. Alexis laid on top of table, tears streaming down her face. Her arms, legs, chest, and her head were strapped down with leather straps.

The door to the slide open revealing the counselor on the other side. He stepped through the doorway, walking up to the freelancer that was in pain.

"The surgery is finished, agent BC. You may now leave," He announced to the young girl. She nodded in reply while the doctors removed the straps from her body.

I can't believe you actually did it...

I'm sorry, alexia, but you may not take over me like that. Slowly controlling my senses, starting with sight.

The girl sat up slowly as everyone else leaves the small room. She lifted her hand to my cheek, slowly bringing it up to where that damned eye was. BC's fingers glazed over the mechanical equipment that was now stuck to her face forever. The chocolate hair colour agent winced when she touched the metal eye.

She then decided to leave, swinging her legs over the side of the table. Alexis dashed out the room, running into her room to get equipped.

***************

So, um, why in gods name did you have surgery without painkillers?! That hurt you F-

Don't finish that sentence!

We are allergic to painkillers

What affects happen when you ?

Swelling, I'm sure.

My steps echoed throughout the empty halls to the training room. Time to see what this eye can do.

***************

I stood in the center of the training grounds, a rifle in hand. My eye glanced by the window the peered down. The counselor stood with his clipboard in hand, ready to take notes on my success or failures. Tex was there as well, not sure why though.

"Agent British Columbia, you will have to take down ten small target bots within thick fog. These bot do have heat signatures," the counselor explained to me. Just as he finished, the fog began to roll in, clouding my sight.

"Mission begins in three," I ready my rifle, holding it up to its proper position.

"two," Kneeling down, I place my cheek against the gun, using my new eye to knew where to aim.

"one," A breath escaped my throat, finally closing my real eye. My ears were on alert.

"Begin," Once that word spoke, I immediately saw three heat signatures, one at 12 o'clock, 3 o'clock, and 10 o'clock. But as fast as they appeared, they were gone with the bullet from my rifle.

The sound of a low hum came from my my left. I swiftly turned, finding four bots, swaying from side to side a bit, trying to make it harder to hit. Unfortunately, for them, I wasted no time and hit hem with deadly accuracy. Three more to go.

A blur zoomed across my vision, then another, and another. The targets flew around the arena, circling me. It almost as if time slowed as I shot the heat signatures like they were nothing but flies.

"Targets eliminated. Training complete in record time." The A.I announced. The fog slowly disappear, clearing my line of vision.

I looked up at the counselor as he nodded before leaving. Tex, however, stayed behind, waiting for me. I dashed to the room, wondering what her opinion on my decision, and not to keep her waiting more then she has too.

"I can't believe you actually did it," said Tex as I entered the room, taking off my helmet, as well. "You replaced the damned eye with a mechanical one."

I nodded a small smile on my lips before a serious look on my face. "Now it's time to get C.T's armor back," Tex sighed.

"Just, don't get yourself killed, kid." She stressed before walking out the door, leaving me alone with my voices.