Chapter 6

"The data you recovered has pin pointed the location of a very important target for Project Freelancer. Excellent work." The director told us. Almost in sync, we automatically replied 'thank you, sir'. Though, I mumbled it. North, South, Carolina and I were lined up across a table from the director.

"Counselor, please update the board," The directors said to a man with a device in hand. He pressed a few buttons and the bright blue screen by us switched names of States and one Province. North and South's name switched so North was above her's. Mine had moved across from the bottom to the top, under Carolina's. The numbers beside the ones who had switched changed as well. "That is all. Dismissed."

I could feel the anger off of South as she approached the table, taking off her helmet in the process. Her bright blond hair with coloured tips were lit up in the dim room from the blue screen. Her face was full of anger, confusion, and suspicion.

"I thought the mission was a success, sir." She said to him, though it almost came out as a growl. Her voice full venom.

"One of the mission objectives was stealth. Your carelessness revealed our intention and made our next mission more difficult. They'll be ready for us." The man replied back. He began to walk away mumbling 'dismiss' again. South stomped towards the exit, angrily.

A sigh escaped my lips as Carolina asked if she should talk to her. South punching a screen, breaking it, before exiting through the open door way made it seem a not so good plan. North replied saying to give her a minute.

My shoulder ached slightly but I ignored it as I walked out silently, without them noticing.

***************

Wake up. Eat. Train. Break. Train. Eat. Train. Sleep.

That's what my schedule was from a few months or so. My body felt like it was moving on it's own, but in my control. My memories for that month were blurry and forgotten.

Then it all shattered for a second.

"Hey, what's going on? Solider, where's everybody running?" A familiar voice asked. Agent Washington. He and North Dakota were walking when the soldier bumped into him. He replied to his question that a new agent was fighting against Wyoming, Maine, and York.

"Three on one? I gotta see this!" Wash said before him and North headed to see it. I quickly ran after them, with quiet steps.

***************

A person in pitch black amour swung a baton at the three. They flew back on impact.

W-Wait! She's here?! B-But, I thought.....

Yeah, we know.

Will she remember us?

The voices were interrupted when Carolina came in and asked on what was going on. South, who was watching with interest, answered her. Carolina asked who she was.

"Some new recruit." South replied as the three boys in fight got up before charging again. Only to get two thrown back again.

"He sure doesn't move like a recruit." Wash commented. South informed him that she was a girl. "Oh. I-I didn't really mean that he.. I-I mean it .. ah eh.. Her" He stuttered out making South chuckle. Carolina told them to 'can it'.

"Sounds like someone might be a little concerned about their position." South chuckled out. Carolina told her to pay attention and that she might learn something from this. The eviler voice in my head laughed (the one with just bold).

I watched as the black armoured girl swung and made numerous hits on the three guys below. She finished Maine off by swinging her baton to his head, breaking it. She was then awarded a point before hand-to-hand combat began.