Chapter 15

I felt myself being shoved a bit, someone trying to wake me up.

"BC, wake up," someone spoke beside me in a loud whisper, shaking me again. I respond with a groan and turned over on my back. The room was dark so I reached to the nightstand next to me and turned on a reading lamp. What appeared was Tex standing to the side of my bed in her black armour.

"Tex, what's going on..?" I slurred, still groggy from waking up. The girl quickly looked around before pulling me out of my bed. A shiver ran down me having left the warmth of my bed.

"Get dressed in your armour, we're leaving," Tex order me as I stretch my arms and legs. I nodded and walked over to a cabinet where I hid my armour.

"So, who are we getting first?" I asked. She told me Wyoming as I slip on my gear. Tex told me her plan after Washington's A.I freaked him out.

After a few minutes, I was completely dressed. "Help me grab medical supplies, who knows what will happen to us," I tell her, taking a bag and stuffing it with antibiotics and painkillers.

I thought we are allergic to pain killers?

Those are for her, dumba-

Don't say it!!!

I grip my head when they had their mini-argument within my head. Tex looked at me before taking my wrist and pulling me to the door.

"Come on, let's go," Tex said as we left.

***************

You gotta be kidding me, this is the best locks man they've got?

The alarm rang while Tex and I stood next to York. "Great job, York," Tex told him sarcastically.

"I swear this never happens," the agent stated as he tried to open the door again.

"I sure you say that to all the ladies," Tex teased a bit. I give her a look the said 'not the time to be doing that'.

"Seriously, I'm way better at this then it seems," York said back as he continued to try and hack it's code.

"Look, we don't have much time," Tex said impatient. She moved York out of the way before punching the digital lock, breaking it and denting the door itself. The door slide open allowing us to walk through. "I need you to find a way to distract them for me," She ordered him as we walked away, leaving the boy.

"Be careful," I say to York, giving him a quick glance back.

"Gotcha, you should too, alright?" He told me. I nodded in response. "So, what are you going to do?"

"There's someone we need to see," Tex answered for the both of us. Our footsteps clanked slightly with every step we took, heading towards goal.

Why are we doing this again?

They sent us her. We must help her in return, to show gratitude.

Yeah! Plus, she is amazing!

Yeah, yeah. I get it, you just want to be near one of the many "favorites" you have.

Hey!

***************

Tex and I had split up a few minutes ago to do different parts of our own objective. I was heading over towards one of the many control rooms this ship had. There were a few documents and video recordings that we needed to collect, like the ones about A.Is or experiments that have happened.

The Mother of Invention shook violently suddenly while I ran down every corridor. That was until agent Washington appeared as I turned the corner.

"BC!" He exclaimed, surprised. "What are you doing here? You should be in your room. Do you know what's happening?" Wash ranted. I got into a fighting stance.

"Sorry," I muttered before charging at him, swinging my right fist at him. Lucky for him, Wash moved just in time and narrowly missed my hand. A shocked gasp came from him as I swept my legs at his feet, knocking him down. A thud was heard as he hit his head on the metal floor. I straddled him, pinning his arms down with my legs.

"Why are you doing this?" Wash asked me as he struggled to get me off. I looked into his eyes through are visors.

"Make sure she won't make the same mistake again," I tell him. He gave me a confused look in return. A deep sigh left me before I swung my fist at his head. The impact knocked the steel coloured agent unconscious.

Getting off of him, take one last glance before running again. The ship's gravity turned had suddenly turned off, making me lift off the floor. I take one more look at Wash as he is slowly lifting off of the ground. "Goodbye,"  I whisper before I activated my gravity boots and took off.