Chapter 12

I ran with Carolina towards where York, Washington, Wyoming, and Florida stood. Well, Florida was laying flat down... with an axe in his shoulder. My leg stung like hell with each step but I ignored it.

As we continued to run, I stopped and hid in the shadows without Carolina taking notice of my absence.

"Hello, Tex," I spoke softly into the darkness. A figure appeared out of the shadows, their armour gleaming in the dim light. A smile plastered on itself on my face, remembering what her plan was.

"Let's go,"

And with that we bolted over to where bullet zoomed across a pathway. Tex turned on her invisibility armour enhancement as we both ran down the way. As I passed Carolina and the rest, a look of shock and surprise stared at me. The two guys with the large guns tried to shoot us as we got closer. Once we
came close to them Tex tried to punch the male of the two, but missed. So we continued on, pass the twin enemies towards where C.T was. We eventually made it to the door and I made a hand motion to stop. She did and we kneeled beside a door.

" Turrets," I told her. "I heard them,"

Tex nods in response just as Carolina ran up to us. I grab her wrist and pull her down, making her kneel. I held my finger to where my mouth would be, telling her to be quiet.

"That room is guarded by turrets," Tex told the cyan soldier.

"I can get passed them," Carolina stated to the superior agent.

"If there was a way to do it, I would've already done it,"

"York, I need you to cut the power around the main complex," Carolina ordered the man through our radio system. I could here the bullets from the enemies on York's side of the radio.

"A little busy out here," He replied.

"Just do it." Carolina ordered again. York said that he'll see what he can do.

I take a look at my leg and see the dry blood stain my armour, much to my dismay. It's hard to clean blood off of armour. I felt two pairs of eyes looking at my wounded leg. Looking up, Tex and Carolina, they stared at my bloody leg.

"What?" I ask them. Carolina looked at me with a slight hint of concern.

"You should head back to North and South. That injury might what get you killed," She tells me. I shake my head in response.

"I'm fine," I insist.

"We're all clear, Carolina. It'll be dark in less then 60," I heard York call through the radio. Carolina responded with a roger as we all stood up.

"Don't forget our objective, we're just here to retrieve-"

"Carolina, I know what the f***ing objective is!" Tex interrupted the other female. I nod just as the power shut off.

"Let's do this," I tell them as we open the door. I grab my dual pistols as we silently walk in. Carolina pointed her gun at them.

"We don't have much time!" CT cried to the leader of the rebellion.

"Actually, you don't have any time," Carolina said to the traitor

"Carolina!" C.T said surprise, but them her voice turned cold. "And you two,"

I hear York over the radio, but just like what I do when the voices act up, I ignore the conversations.

"C.T, you have something that belongs to project Freelancer, and you know how the Director hates to share," Tex states to her.

"You two are fools. The Director is playing you. BC can see, don't you?" C.T told us.

"C.T, stop it!" Carolina said to the girl. "We know you've been feeding intell to the resistance for months,"

The leader chuckled. "Is that who he told we are?" He laughed out, holding his hands in the air as a 'surrender'.

"They're not the enemy, Carolina. We're the ones working outside the rules, not them. You don't know what the director has done. He's broken major laws. When this war ends, we're all going to pay for his crimes. Maybe some of us are already paying for them," the girl explains to them. She had mutter out the last part but I heard it loud and clearly.

"You need to stop talking C.T," Tex warned her.

"Tex," I quietly gave her a warning.

"No. I know what you are, Tex, and I won't take orders from a shadow," I give a hard glare at C.T same as Tex.

"What did you just call me?" Tex asked, her voice filled with suspicion and anger.

Now all of us pointed out guns at the two that stood before us.

"You're coming with us, C.T. This is your last chance," Carolina told the brown armour girl.

C.T stated that she won't come with us.

"Actually, we don't need you, we just need your armour," and with that, the real show begins. Tex shot at C.T but it was only a hologram. The real C.T charged at Tex, but I push Tex out of the way. C.T grabbed my arm and twisted it behind my back then stabbed a blade into me. C.T the pushed my to the other guy who stuck an axe into my shoulder. I fell to the ground as Tex shouted my name.

"Damn it!"

I lay there watching the four, locked in mortal combat. The clash of weapons, the sound of fist hitting armour. But, I knew I couldn't watch for long. I've lost quite a bit of blood.

"I feel tired again," I barely mumbled out. My eyelids began to slowly shut as I watch C.T get hit with an axe to her side. I close my eyes as I heard Tex and Carolina have an argument.

"Command, we need extraction, now!" Tex ordered through the radio. Then, I felt someone kneel beside me.

"BC, are you with us?" A slightly panicked Carolina asked. I give out a low groan, signifying that I was alive. "Hurts" I grumbled out.

"Don't worry, you'll be fine," Carolina reassured me. A felt her sit me up and bring me to my feet.

"BC, I knew you -" their voices faded, the only one I could hear was Xi, telling me everything is alright.